Does SR need an option to be sped up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enzo Matríx

10-21-2011

Hey Guys,

I've been playing alot period, SR for almost 2 years and now more of dominion to change it up. But when I go back to SR it feels SOOOO slow paced. I know its because thats what I have become used to in DM but what if...

Instead of classic SR they released a "Hyper" version where we could select 3 abilities off the go and gold would climb higher faster...It would mean shorter games yes but, is that really a bad thing? For me it just means I would play more games on SR period. Also I would love to see a 3v3 in Dominion but thats for another thread.

Keep classic and give us an enhanced mode on SR..
Any thoughts?

Hobothesis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

i think they made dominion just for the fact of people asking for the same thing you want. I honestly don't see them changing it. It would, however, be a lot more interesting but i feel it would too drastically change the way the game is played out.

Enzo Matríx

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobothesis View Post
i think they made dominion just for the fact of people asking for the same thing you want. I honestly don't see them changing it. It would, however, be a lot more interesting but i feel it would too drastically change the way the game is played out.
I agree it would change it. Another mode would help keeps people playing though. I know people like playing THAT map but with newer additions, hence the ARAM players out there. That would be an interesting mode if made officially selectable too

:-)

Felfire

10-22-2011

No bro, Less Balance, Less Fun

Enzo Matríx

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailoMan View Post
No bro, Less Balance, Less Fun
balances can be made, how do you think dominion was made? And speeding up each champ equally doesnt not inccur balance issues unless they are already present.

Rikter Iliaren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

So -em from dota on SR.

No thanks

Xtractor

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RequienKnight View Post
balances can be made, how do you think dominion was made? And speeding up each champ equally doesnt not inccur balance issues unless they are already present.
snowballing is a big problem here.

Radleygh

10-23-2011

I would like to see a turbo mode for SR, but it should just be a normal mode, non-ranked.

Softening up that first 12 minutes of really boring, slow paced game would improve the game for me. But many people enjoy the early game, and if you speed it up too much - simply walking from lane to lane will have a huge impact on your game.

It would be nice to start at level 3 with some extra gold, and increase gold generation *slightly* and add *some* experience generation, but nothing anywhere near Dominion's speed.

But Riot wouldn't make any money off of it, and it wouldn't be a big incentive to start playing if you quit before, so they wouldn't waste their time making it.

I would just rather play 25-35 minute games compared to 40-60 minute games. I would play Dominion if it weren't incredibly broken.

Baby Daisy

10-23-2011

I think its fine the way it is. I mean that's why they made dominion to begin with. I just wish they make more maps for the game. That would sure be interesting.

XaoGarrent

10-23-2011

What I want, is a version of Dominion, with a map and fight focus like SR.

I'm thinking, maybe multi round linear CP? Done fighting game style, where the team to gain X amount of wins first wins. Both teams start in possession of their 2 closest points, and fight over mid, the first team to own all 5 points wins the round, basically like TF2's 5 CP maps. First team to win the map 2-3 times wins the match.

The only hard part is figuring out how to work 3 lanes into that... Stalemating shouldn't be an issue, if the points work like they do in Dominion, and the spawn would move up for the winning team to ensure they can keep their momentum up providing the enemy team doesn't reorganize and break it. Ideally, something should be put in place to ensure if a team gets their momentum broken, the losing team can capitalize on it, creating sort of a tug of war between the teams over the points. I'm thinking, make it so any time a point is capped, the next point caps faster, no matter which team is doing the capping. Effectively, the game would get more hectic and risky the longer it goes on without needing to mess with spawn timers.