[Suggestion] Gift Shopping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuadin

06-17-2010

Hi,

This thread is created as a suggestion in hopes that gifting will be implemented into the store.

The Reason Behind it All
The idea behind gifting is that person A wants to purchase a champion for person B. Person A then procedes to the store and buys said champion as a gift and chooses from her friend list who the champion is for. (Typing in Person B userid may also suffice) Person B then received an alert that said champion has been purchase by Person A and is now in their posession.

Good Points
- This will enable players to purchase items for other players.
- This will allow players with more resources and reasons to make purchases from the LoL store, potentially increasing sales.
- Encourages Friendship amongst players
- Great for birthday/christmas gift.

Bad Points
- This may result in "Farming Accounts" where players join games solely to farm for influence points and then use them to purchase items for other accounts.

So question is does the good outweigh the bad? Or even a better question, how can we bypass the bad points. Simple, make gifting only available through riot points. Not only will players that want to buy there friend a gift will now be able to, but Riot will gain increased revenue off the implemented idea.

The Mechanics:

Jezzail Proposed: (I have included this into my post since they were great ideas)
- Gift items only consists of: Champions, Skins, Boosts.
- RP can not be given as a gift
- Receiver has to accept gift from Gifter.

+ More to be Added as time goes on +

It could probably use some tweaks and I'm unsure if this idea has been presented before, but what do ya'll think?

If anyone like the idea, but has suggestions to add please let them be known. I will edit this post and credit you with the improvement.

Angebeatrice

06-17-2010

Having it only work with Riot points will be a good idea; as such an idea unifies and encourages consumption on a friendly level.

Flipsydez

06-18-2010

Only way for this to work would be if yes, it is riot points solely, But i would like the option to gift a skin to a friend, Of course the bad point being if you were dumb enough to get your account hacked you would loose it all. I strongly suggest this only be done with riot points, and why? Support the game ofcourse! I know some people would disagree on me and say that "You would have to be a bad player if you couldn't earn the hero yourself through IP that you need to resort to letting someone gift it to you" But lets not forget this game IS FREE, and that makes ALL the difference and all the more reason to support the devs so they are hmm, Motivated? I honestly feel there is more bit**ing from people who don't know how hard it is to run a server that people play for free. If you can gift a friend a hero/skin or the ability to buy a promotion pack for a friend, that would be incredible *through riot points*.

Jezzail

06-19-2010

A hacked account can be reported, and if you can only gifts skins or champions or boosts (only things that can be purchased with riot points.) Then there should be a mechanism in order to get a refund. Well perhaps not with boosts, as they are difficult to refund, because they are time based.
As long as you can't gift Riot Points themselves as currency. If gifting is only restricted to skins and champions, then that would make things a lot nicer.
And the recipient of the gift would actually have to accept the gift, and if after 7 days the gift hasn't been accepted, then the cost of the gift will be refunded back in Riot Points.

This would encourage friendship amongst the community, and would make an excellent birthday/christmas present.

Majoras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Support

Flipsydez

06-21-2010

iLike the idea Jezzail proposed, Gift.

Nuadin

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzail View Post
A hacked account can be reported, and if you can only gifts skins or champions or boosts (only things that can be purchased with riot points.) Then there should be a mechanism in order to get a refund. Well perhaps not with boosts, as they are difficult to refund, because they are time based.
As long as you can't gift Riot Points themselves as currency. If gifting is only restricted to skins and champions, then that would make things a lot nicer.
And the recipient of the gift would actually have to accept the gift, and if after 7 days the gift hasn't been accepted, then the cost of the gift will be refunded back in Riot Points.

This would encourage friendship amongst the community, and would make an excellent birthday/christmas present.
Oh yes, that's a good point. I'm going to put the frienship, great gifts under the good points section of my main post. Thanks for the feedback and glad you liked the idea

Thanks everyone.

aka Chainsaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

I support this ONLY for the use of RP to buy gifts...

It is unbalanced to be able to buy things in IP for other players, RP = Money, IP = Time.

Anyone can get as much RP as they want but you have to play to get IP, having someone buy you a ton of stuff on their level 30 account would be dumb.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

06-28-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I really want this too, and I've brought this up. There's lots of legal mumbo jumbo that comes with it though, so it's something we probably can't do for a while.

Oh well, at least I can still go to 7-11 and pick up a Riot Points card and mail it to my friends. ^_^

Macros06

07-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
I really want this too, and I've brought this up. There's lots of legal mumbo jumbo that comes with it though, so it's something we probably can't do for a while.

Oh well, at least I can still go to 7-11 and pick up a Riot Points card and mail it to my friends. ^_^
Only at 7-11's?