Dominion Respawn Explained

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Thanks for the feedback on this guys, I'm having a meeting today to discuss a number of the points brought up in this thread.
Looking forward to any new developments, but I for one support the existing mechanic. If you guys can somehow improve it and enhance gameplay, hats off.

Tenebrae Corvus

10-25-2011

After twelve pages of discussion I hope that the system can be balanced for the better. I do agree that the losing team should be helped to avoid an unwinnable game. However, the winning team shouldn't feel cheated and an early advantage should have an impact yet not be determinant. The specifics are better left to the development team; they've done a great job so far.

By the way, I agree with YurdleTheTurtle's points. Let's see how things turn out.

Eerrman

10-31-2011

Loose top, win game.

gg.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerrman View Post
Loose top, win game.
I prefer tight top.

Rampantwolf

10-31-2011

Change to individual set respawn times.

Jadarok

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampantwolf View Post
Change to individual set respawn times.
Why? You have a reason?

Mightyal

10-31-2011

The main problem I have with the respawn mechanism is that early game champions have little advantage of gaining the lead compared to good late game champions. Even if the late game champions fall behind early, they have the rubberband mechanism to fall back onto. Their respawn timers shorten and they get increasingly stronger, meanwhile the early game champions weaken as the timer passes.

Once the threshold is passed, the comeback mechanism kicks in and the game drags out, the early game champions come to a severe disadvantage. Heimerdinger and Leblanc are two examples.

blissless

07-26-2012

brackhar, just so you know, the respawn window is mathematically dumb as hell and pretty much makes dom a map that you win through cheesing the death timer rather than through teamwork or actual player vs. player. i don't really care that you wanted to give losers a "comeback chance", i don't like being punished for doing well and that's basically what a majority of dom solo queue games feel like if i'm not intentionally exploiting map mechanics.

DaRatmastah

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissless View Post
brackhar, just so you know, the respawn window is mathematically dumb as hell and pretty much makes dom a map that you win through cheesing the death timer rather than through teamwork or actual player vs. player. i don't really care that you wanted to give losers a "comeback chance", i don't like being punished for doing well and that's basically what a majority of dom solo queue games feel like if i'm not intentionally exploiting map mechanics.
Necro'd by someone who can't keep it up long enough to win... -_-'