Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lets make another list: Champion's (probable) ages!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MikuMelody

02-06-2014

Ahri's based off of a kitsune which would grow a tail every 100 years of its life so shes at least 900 years old

IceHound

Recruiter

02-07-2014

I'm pretty sure Lux is older then we think,

Quote:

Until only twenty years ago, Runeterra was on a collision course with disaster.

The IoW was made 20 years ago, 20 years ago was also the time when Noxus had invaded Ionia as they were within a cease fire agreement with Demacia.
Quote:

Soon after Noxus and Demacia signed a treaty agreeing to settle their disputes through matches held by the young League of Legends, Noxus turned its expansionistic eye outward. Bolstered by the forces of Zaun and Bilgewater, Noxian soldiers invaded Ionia in what became the bloodiest engagement since the Rune Wars. Rallying its forces, Ionia managed to halt the progress of the invaders, but Noxian forces entrenched themselves in three of Ionia's southern provinces: Galrin, Navori, and Shon-Xan.

Source that Noxus-Ionian invasion happened 20 years ago
Quote:

She extracted valuable inside information about the Noxus-Ionian conflict, earning her great favor with Demacians and Ionians alike.

Lux was already in the military by time Noxus and Ionia were at war, if we were to assume she was 18 at this point she'd be roughly in her late 30s by now since it's been 20 years since the Noxus-Ionian conflict.

TwoWeirdYordles

02-07-2014

Rumble must be young, he finished the school like 4 years ago

Melancholy Exile

02-07-2014

Quote:
IceHound:
Lux was already in the military by time Noxus and Ionia were at war, if we were to assume she was 18 at this point she'd be roughly in her late 30s by now since it's been 20 years since the Noxus-Ionian conflict.
Ionia didn't petition to join the League of Legends until seven years after the Noxian invasion began and, equally importantly, Lux's lore neither states what the information she retrieved was and when, or if, the operation took place during the course of the war proper. The suggestion that Lux must have been there twenty years before the present day simply doesn't hold water.

Another obvious point is that your source regarding the start of the Noxus-Ionia conflict actually tells us nothing about when the invasion began beyond the fact that it took place after they signed their treaty with Demacia. We know from the background material we have on Ionia that "Noxian spies began to trade aggressively with the Ionians" in the ensuing peace so they might better define the island's weaknesses, but there's no suggestion of an actual time window or how long these trade relations were maintained before the war began. We just don't know what "soon" means in this context?

Lastly, as I expressed on the previous page, if you believe Lux was approximately 18 years old around the founding of the League then she must be more than five years Jarvan's senior. Swain's lore states very plainly that Jarvan was a "thirteen-year old child prince" when the Noxian was sent to assassinate him and that the incident in question took place "a few years" after the armistice between Noxus and Demacia.

IceHound

Recruiter

02-07-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
Ionia didn't petition to join the League of Legends until seven years after the Noxian invasion began and, equally importantly, Lux's lore neither states what the information she retrieved was and when, or if, the operation took place during the course of the war proper. The suggestion that Lux must have been there twenty years before the present day simply doesn't hold water.

Another obvious point is that your source regarding the start of the Noxus-Ionia conflict actually tells us nothing about when the invasion began beyond the fact that it took place after they signed their treaty with Demacia. We know from the background material we have on Ionia that "Noxian spies began to trade aggressively with the Ionians" in the ensuing peace so they might better define the island's weaknesses, but there's no suggestion of an actual time window or how long these trade relations were maintained before the war began. We just don't know what "soon" means in this context?

Lastly, as I expressed on the previous page, if you believe Lux was approximately 18 years old around the founding of the League then she must be more than five years Jarvan's senior. Swain's lore states very plainly that Jarvan was a "thirteen-year old child prince" when the Noxian was sent to assassinate him and that the incident in question took place "a few years" after the armistice between Noxus and Demacia.

Well one can assume on her spying operation it was during the Noxian-Ionian conflict, I couldn't see the high command of Noxus discussing it after it ended, if they were discussing it when Ionia joined the League, then we could still assume Lux was somewhere within her 30s.

When the Ionian-Noxian battles begin? Frankly I don't know either because the word "soon" is vague like you said, overall since our lore doesn't go far into ages it's hard to make a proper prediction, so really lux being in her late 30s is simply a theory rather then accurate.

Oh yeah and PS, your last paragraph was kind of confusing, "jarvan's senior"? Could you elaborate?

Melancholy Exile

02-08-2014

Quote:
IceHound:
Oh yeah and PS, your last paragraph was kind of confusing, "jarvan's senior"? Could you elaborate?

Just another way of saying she'd be older than him.

Swain's League Judgement opens with him reliving memories of an assassination attempt he made on the young prince Jarvan IV "but a few years" after the armistice between Demacia and Noxus had been signed. The Judgement states very clearly that Jarvan was thirteen years old at the time.

So that means Jarvan was thirteen years old a few years after the League was formed, and I find it hard to believe that Lux is older than him.

IceHound

Recruiter

02-08-2014

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
Just another way of saying she'd be older than him.

Swain's League Judgement opens with him reliving memories of an assassination attempt he made on the young prince Jarvan IV "but a few years" after the armistice between Demacia and Noxus had been signed. The Judgement states very clearly that Jarvan was thirteen years old at the time.

So that means Jarvan was thirteen years old a few years after the League was formed, and I find it hard to believe that Lux is older than him.

I see, from what I remember as well is that Garen did grow up with J4 ergo we can assume they're at close ages, I'm pretty sure Lux is younger then Garen meaning J4 has to be older then her.

EchoezOfRain

02-09-2014

Quote:
MikuMelody:
Ahri's based off of a kitsune which would grow a tail every 100 years of its life so shes at least 900 years old

^this

also, are we able to measure exactly how old Lissandra is? she's got to be the oldest champ right now

Melancholy Exile

02-09-2014

Quote:
EchoezOfRain:
also, are we able to measure exactly how old Lissandra is? she's got to be the oldest champ right now

Lissandra only betrayed her tribe to the Watchers "Centuries ago".

Anivia has watched over the Freljord "for a thousand lifetimes", "Eons passed [and] civilizations rose and fell" during the time Xerath was entombed, Kayle is known to be over ten-thousand years old and Aatrox appears in tales "as old as recorded history".

Lissandra isn't the oldest by a long shot.

Kinuna

08-13-2014

Quote:
TheNarvalOfDeath:
Okay, title says it all.
Looked up how long foxes live, In the wild they usually live for an average of 5 years, I'm assuming if they lived in a safe environment with food they would last 10-12yrs, which more research says I'm correct. Since she took the form of a 16-25yr old girl, she was prob about 1-3years old when she became "human". Since she gained the life force of a human, and turned human her lifespan was probably expanded. Now we know she has been living as a human for a while now, and probably for over a year. I would say its safe to assume that Ahri is 3-10yrs old. 10 being unlikely, since if she was 1 at the time she went 9yrs draining lifeforces, and 6 if she was 3. Now don't get angry because I say she is so young, it makes tons of sense, and if she started out looking like a 10-20yr old girl, it was not uncommon during the mideveal times for young girls, usually an average of 10-14yrs to be married off. This means it would not be odd to see a young girl trying to seduce men. Plus sicne she was considered a teen in fox years, she thus gained the appearance of a teen as a human. If it makes you all feel better though, since i'm sure it seems akward to think shes so young, in fox years she was prob 10-20years old.