Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vlad in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MageRage

10-21-2011

I'm interested in finding a working build for Vlad to play in Dominion.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Could his sustainability and relatively high HP make him viable? I've tried him twice, and both times my team got pub-stomped by all-star teams of champions that 'own' Dominion so I don't really have any conclusive 'data'.

That being said, I've seen Vlad several times in Dominion (albeit with rather crappy builds) and they seemed to do okay.

And don't answer with 'pick Akali or Jax'. I'm sick of those kinds of champions.

bourbonowns

10-21-2011

I've tried, he's not very effective because of the 20% healing debuff and his terrible early game.

Tides still costs tons of health but you need extra spell vamp to sustain it because of the healing debuff. He can't contribute to fights in a meaningful way until level 7. He has no CC, and he has no mobility to get him around the map effectively.

I like Vlad but there are better picks on SR and Dominoes, he needs buffs.

cookingbythebook

10-21-2011

CDR boots
WOta
spirit visage
Deathcap
rylais
Most likely get hourglass next, no need for voidstaff

Skylam

10-21-2011

he is a bit meh imo, doesnt really bring much to the team, and there are much better bot laners and much better APs for going top

Tsunehme

10-21-2011

Rylai's
WoTA
Rabadon's
Warmongers
Sorc boots

?

MageRage

10-21-2011

Too bad he's not viable, anymore. I bought him when he first came out and he was a lot of fun to play. I still play him in bot games (bot games are fun to just shoot the breeze and not have to worry about competing), and even there he always seems to be out-shown by other AP champions.

r3al

10-21-2011

Boots
Hextech Revolver
Hextech Revolver
Hextech Revolver
Hextech Revolver
Hextech Revolver

Oh... wait...

Sunaka

10-21-2011

He could be good at defending his towers maybe bottom.

Reldnahc

10-21-2011

Hextech>Rylai's>Rabadons is the generic build I've gone with decent success. Blast to play hero.

Billy

Recruiter

10-21-2011

Quote:
bourbonowns:
I've tried, he's not very effective because of the 20% healing debuff and his terrible early game.

Tides still costs tons of health but you need extra spell vamp to sustain it because of the healing debuff. He can't contribute to fights in a meaningful way until level 7. He has no CC, and he has no mobility to get him around the map effectively.

I like Vlad but there are better picks on SR and Dominoes, he needs buffs.

I think someone's hungry