How in the world do I stop Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JZisPro

10-21-2011

Ryze counters nicely. SoTD as people mentioned. Ignite/Executioners calling too. His "tankyness" is from dodge and lifesteal/spellvamp. One of the major problems is people autoattacking Jax thinking they are helping. Make sure your team fully understands his mechanics, knows that a lot of his dmg comes from magic dmg, and often times kiting him with abilities is more effective than attempting to stand toe to toe and autoattacking between CDs.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

Solid burst casters with solid cc are the only real ways to beat him. Champs like Xerath, Brand, LeBlanc, Annie... these all do pretty well vs him.

The only real melee ad champ that can go toe to toe with him 1v1 in Dominion is Nasus with a Frozen Heart really.

Argodis

10-21-2011

Many seem to pick AD in Dominion so make sure you pick up Sword of the Divine if you do so.

1. I pick MF.
2. Enemy Jax thinks I'm an easy kill.
3. Jumps on me.
4. I activate Sword of the Divine.
5. Dead Jax.

huehuehuehue

Now that I think about, MF also has healing reduction so she really is an ok pick against Jax. You won't be able to take him on though until you have a decent amount of items.

You should still ban him though. Your teammates won't be as smart and will proceed to get 1v3'd by him.

VanguardGeneralZ

10-21-2011

"Jax is good against autoattack people, killing him is the job of your nukers." In other words Jax is both a carry and a tank and the majority of your team needs to be present to kill him. Fair right?!

Saddler

10-21-2011

Play Draft Mode and ban him problem solved.

Stimuz

10-21-2011

He's broken in dominion. Sion is even as/more OP though and I've seen AD Sion take him without SOTD with ult. Something really needs to be done about these uber carries, ruins this game mode.

Stimuz

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
Play Draft Mode and ban him problem solved.
For a while I did, then I realized the queue time is twice as long and you have to wait another 1-2 mins before the game actually starts due to bans. You know how annoying that is when someone dodges? I play dominion because it starts quick and ends quick and draft does the opposite. Broken champs should not require draft but rather dominion specific nerfs/balancing.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

Harrass him with a caster until he pops his ult for extra MR. Wait till there are no creeps around so he cant chain dodge stun you. Then jump his ass with snares, stuns while your super AP nukes him.

It still may be dangerous though. Im practiced to the point where I can even 1v1 an ezreal as Jax and win most the time.

dirtpoor

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanguardGeneralZ View Post
"Jax is good against autoattack people, killing him is the job of your nukers." In other words Jax is both a carry and a tank and the majority of your team needs to be present to kill him. Fair right?!
Thats exactly right. His passive would like to have a word with you. Jax is a carry/mini-tank.

Ascendent

10-21-2011

Um, are people forgetting Sword of the Divine? that item alone counters Jax, he cant dodge your attacks for 8 seconds, plenty of time to burst him down.