How in the world do I stop Jax?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Segmented

10-20-2011

*Note: I am not saying Jax is overpowered. If you think so you need to learn reading comprehension.

Alright, so I've been playing Dominion for quite some time, and I think I've gotten a decent feel for it. I can take on most champs 1v1 and come out on top with superior playing and/or item building. However, there is one that simply destroys me and everything I love.

Jax.

I mostly play Udyr on this gamemode, and I know Jax is some kind of demonic anti-Tanky DPS, but is there honestly nothing I can do to stop him? No matter how bad they are or what items I build, I simply cannot bring him down by myself. I know the typical answer is Sword of the Divine, but I can't burst him down alone in 6 seconds because of his fairly large HP pool.

Not to mention my teammates almost always die against him as well, he just feels like an unstoppable juggernaut on this map unless we somehow coordinate a 3v1 gank against him.

Is there any way to stop him by myself, as Udyr?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Jax is good against autoattack people, killing him is the job of your nukers. Some bruisers like WW do own jax though with SOTD.
I dont play Udyr, but SOTD and Frozen hearth may give you a good shot. But is hard to do much when jax kit is basically an anti melee autoattacker thing.

BabyKittens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

um you don't. he's extremely broken.

BabyKittens

10-20-2011

all that matters in dominion is who gets the over powered heroes. so grab irelia or shaco or rammus.

iProbie

10-20-2011

since most jax won't bother to build up resistance items, his only weaknesses are casters, both ap and ad. but, once you see that jax starting to build FoN or Thornmail after the usual damage items, you're pretty much screwed

ViashinoWizard

10-20-2011

Jax counters Udyr pretty hard, since the only thing Udyr has that Jax can't dodge is the damage from activating Phoenix stance.

Your best bet is to chain CC on him and have a caster burst him down.

BeaverCheese

10-20-2011

alt f4 and you dont have to fight him anymore

Darkskeleton

10-20-2011

You don't. Jax just kills you. Aside from that, the same way you kill any other melee. Burst him down or kite him.

Segmented

10-20-2011

Alright guys, thanks for the answers. I figured I wouldn't be able to take him on my own, but I just wanted to double check.

AP Carries who are competent are hard to come by on Dominion, so maybe I should brush off my skills or head into Draft Pick.

Nekrogen

10-20-2011

Mages have their way with him.. until he gets in range.
AD casters have their way with him because they don't actually auto attack, and usually build tanky enough to counter jax.
Melee and Ranged AD need to buy Sword of the Divine, because honestly you are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't.

12345 ... 7