Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relationships!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atsuiai

10-20-2011

League Of Legends Relationship Chart! Yes, it's been done before, but I wanted to make my own version.

I've tried HON before (the original DOTA too), but LOL is my favorite by far. One reason is LOL's comparatively rich lore: exotic locations, grand politics, personal motivations, and characters from an incredible diversity of backgrounds.The meta game is quite fun too. All I remember from HON was that all the Hellbourne heroes had the description of "This dude/chick is so evil, you don't want to mess with him/her!" and all the Legion heroes had the description of "The best and brightest of his/her village/race, now he/she must stand against the Hellbourne!" Seriously? Yawn.

For my chart I wanted to cut down speculation and weak connections as much as possible. So, I'm only including substantial references in the official stories, Journal of Justices, and Judgements. Quotes from one champ about another at the bottom of the back-stories is not enough substance to suggest a relationship to me... but I do have one exception regarding quotes, as it is just too awesome (can you spot it?). Also, I'm not considering political relationships. Otherwise the links between Demacians and Noxians would just be a big mess. Of course there are exceptions to all these rules, but I try to keep them to a minimum.

This is just a first version, if I made a mistake, or missed some (substantial) lore, please let me know with a link to one of the above mentioned sources. Link or it didn't happen!

edit 10/21/11: updated chart! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, the chart is more complete now. The biggest improvement is I got around the size issue. 1. I like the idea of linking champs to their respective homelands, but I'm not going to do that for now, as the chart would be a big mess, and it would require quite a bit of lore search for me. 2. Again, I'm not considering the flavor quotes at the bottom of the back-stories enough to justify a "substantial" relationship. This is just a personal preference, but I want to cut down speculation as much as possible.

Sillybro

10-20-2011

You forgot Luxreal!!!! (or Elux....)
^Of course, that's only fan-based.......

Also, it's a bit small so maybe some how enlarge it? (and yes, I know you can zoom in, but it's still a bit too small)

Oh and Swain also loves to listen to Sona's music

Atsuiai

10-20-2011

I know it the text is a tad small, but the image is quite large! I used photobucket and it auto-resized it, if anyone could suggest a better image hosting site for large images I'd love to hear it.

Also do you have a link for Swain loves Sona's music?

Frequently

10-20-2011

You have Yorick on the side and also in the Pentakill thingymajig

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

10-20-2011

Rammus and Blitzcrank are friends, it was confirmed in the same JoJ entry that said Rammus thinks Twitch is a jerk.

Also, Blitzcrank punched Singed in the junk once. Dunno if it's worth anything though.

Mundo gets along with Singed and Warwick, but Mundo doesn't like Anivia because her ice wall pisses him off.

Quote:
Frequently:
You have Yorick on the side and also in the Pentakill thingymajig

one is his ghost

VoidBro

10-21-2011

good read. thumbed up

Lhann

10-21-2011

Tarric is a frequent collaborator of Ryze in his study of "lost magic" http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/story...ptember-20-cle (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/story/issue-6-28-september-20-cle)

Brand stole the body of an explorer form Lokfar. Lokfar is Olaf's homeland.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...ning_vengeance (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions/63/brand_the_burning_vengeance)

Sillybro

10-21-2011

Quote:
Atsuiai:
Also do you have a link for Swain loves Sona's music?

Quote:
''Her melody moves the soul, her silence sunders the body.''
- Jericho Swain, after attending her concert

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions/37/sona_maven_of_the_strings

TheNarvalOfDeath

10-21-2011

Also you should connect Tristana and Teemo i guess, as they are (as far as i understand) great firends

And If u want to place Sivir on the chart, Jax respects her cos he considers she is the best (woman) warrior. Its on sivirs background i think

ChampChar

10-21-2011

Lolol I love how noone mentioned that Kat and Garen was fan Based ^^ I mean it was hinted in the lore though so xD