Janna in bot games / low ELO games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emctwo

10-21-2011

I just bought Janna as my first support. As I'm learning her in low ELO and bot games, should I build as a traditional support? Or, since my allies are likely to be terrible (which has been the case in many games) and supporting them doesn't really accomplish anything, should I build her AP? Or should I just start as support (philo stone, heart of gold) and then continue support if allies seem decent, and switch to AP if they are terrible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PewPewMoar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

Janna imo is one of the best supports to play with bad teammates because imo, shes one of the more "forgiving" champions.
What i mean by this is she allows your bad teammates to make more mistakes and get away with them. If youve ever tried to jump someone with a good janna you know how frustratingly impossible it is to catch them after she sheilds your initial burst, nados you, then pushes you all away with her ult. not to mention her passive allows for easier running.
This said, playing janna well should allow your bad teammates to play much better just because their mistakes are not as gamebreaking. This is also mitigated by buying and placing wards around the map to stop ganks and the dreaded facecheck.
Basically... go full support, if you really really want to build ap, i wouldnt suggest more than a rod of ages.