A Top Counter Chart?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUrfWhisperer

10-20-2011

I hear the phrase "X champion counters Y" quite a bit. This is especially true when it comes to the classic top champs (Garen, Akali, Renek, Rumble, etc.). The issue is that I don't know which ones are true counters. I think I've heard just about everyone counters someone else at some point (the only exception is Jax NEVER counters Garen). Can anyone with good game knowledge create a chat of counters. It doesn't even have to be fancy, it can just be a list with who they counter.

I'll even provide the champs.

Akali
Jax
Garen: Jax
Jarvan IV
Renekton
Rumble
Nidalee
Rumble
Cho'Gath
Sion
Nasus
Udyr

Aussie Smegger

10-20-2011

I'm assuming this is a 1v1 crushing rather than a 5v5 team fight so countering them on that assumption...

Akali - She's considered one of the best 1v1'ers at this point in time, at least by a friend of mine anyway. Generally anyone tanky enough and has good burst should do well. A tank like Cho'gath, Rammus and maybe Amumu comes to mind. Or a BV and oracles should fair you well if you're a dps'er such as Vayne and Kog'Maw - basically a challenge of who can outburst who.

Jax - He's really easy to shut down early game because he's melee and has to obtain complete lane dominance or he won't be allowed to farm and mid game Sword of the Divine combined with Bloodthirster should perhaps allow you to 1v1 him. Negatron cloak helps alot against him too. Let's see though... other than Garen and other than semi-fed DPS'ers with Negatron and SotD... Akali, Malzahar, Veigar (if he can pull off his stun), Anivia might do well, tanks again would do well (Cho'gath and Rammus), and Talon might win if Jax hasn't built armor.

Jarvan - I don't know why he's a problem. Vayne should rip him apart. Kog'Maw should rip him apart. Hell, even Teemo could do it. As long as they're not super squishy then Jarvan's only dealing moderate damage while only being moderately tanky.

Renekton - I'd say Nasus. Though laning top as solo Renekton does a bit better due to him not being constrained by mana.

Rumble - Anyone good DPS'er with a Negatron Cloak. And as far as AP'ers go he's not the best for burst damage so I'd say Malzahar, Swain, Mordekaiser, Anivia, Annie and Brand would beat him. Akali, Talon and Pantheon too.

Nidalee - All she has is early game harass and self heals. Play Caitlyn and you will beat her in every aspect so long as you can hit your Q correctly. Xerath, Swain, Annie, Brand, Fiddlesticks, and Assassins would once again win.

Cho'gath - Rammus. Taunt and win. Cho'gath is anti-dps, anti-assassin and sometimes anti-Mages. Tanky DPS'ers will do well against him however. Renekton, Nasus, Irelia, Garen and Olaf I think are the normal tanky DPS'ers at the moment so probably try one of them.

Sion - This guy is tricky due to that stun and 100% lifesteal + 50% attack speed ultimate. Again, Tanks or Tanky DPS would do well though. The only real issue with Sion is living through his ultimate. Cho'gath, Rammus, Alistar and Amumu should beat him. Fiddlesticks might win. Jax should win. Akali should win so long as she has her Hextech and Rylai's and Sion doesn't have an oracle. Any major nuke like Veigar and Malzahar should do well.

Nasus - Real Tanks (Rammus for sure) or an obscure Warmog and Atmas build on Vayne or Kog'Maw should do the trick. Maybe Teemo if he can time Blinding dart well. AP Nukes should win, meaning Fiddlesticks, Veigar, Annie and Malzahar again.

Udyr - AP Nukes, Tanky DPS or Tanks. Cho'gath and Rammus. Akali thanks to shroud. Nasus, Renekton, Irelia, etc.

In general just think of Akali, Talon, Jax, Tryn, Vayne, Kog'Maw, Nasus, Cho'gath, Rammus, Malzahar, Veigar. - Each of these champions has their time in which they can really shine but it depends on the enemy's they're facing as to whether they should be in that lane or not. Rammus right now I'm considering to be the best or one of the best 1v1 champions since he absorbs so much damage and yet can dish out a Hell of a lot. In fact it's a good thing you didn't ask for a counter to Rammus as I would've been stumped XD

Hope my suggestions help you.

ASAP Draven

10-20-2011

Lee Sin hard counter Akali. Teemo counters Udyr.

Emeraldw

10-21-2011

I like the idea of such a chart, but the champion roster obviously doesn't encompass the broad base. Finally there would have to be a slew of assumptions.

For one, the jungler would have to be competent. Which can be a big expectation sometimes, but what this means is that your opponent isn't pushing, pushing, pushing and is getting ganked if they do.

We would also have to establish what a "counter" means. I think Cho is advantageous against Irelia, but I don't think cho counters her. Perhaps the idea of a soft vs. hard counter. Akali/Garen destroys Singed would be an example of a hard counter.

I assumed this meant "in lane" but it seems a bit more broad. For example, vayne/kog'maw counter high healh champions naturally, which many top laners can be. But I wouldn't say Kog counters Cho in lane.

TheUrfWhisperer

10-22-2011

This is definitely an in-lane mono-y-mono counter chart. No ganks, just cs, solo kills, and zoning. And I more just wanted to work with the champs I provided, even in the list of counters.

I do really like the idea of soft vs hard counters.

Peter Pounce

10-22-2011

you missed singed. crappy chart.

As a singed player, heres the counters in my experience:

Singed is good against:
Akali
Jax
Nidalee
Singed hard countered by:
Garen
Rumble
Wash:
Jarvan IV
Renekton
Nasus
Cho'Gath
Sion
Udyr

The Xiuhcoatl

10-22-2011

Nasus can be countered by Jax, Renekton, Rammus, and maybe Olaf. 3 of those have hard CC and lots of health. Olaf doesnt have any hard CC he just cant be CCd. All are tanky and have large damage output.

Skilltestingman

10-22-2011

I know for a fact nasus would counter tryndamere, if the nasus plays it right. Basically, get him to endless rage, then slow him and when he slashes away, he should be slow enough for you to get to, also assuming you have ghost, flash and/or exhaust

Isphus

10-22-2011

There would be a problem with your chart: A champion that counters AD teemo, might not counter AP teemo. So champions that can be played in multiple ways would have to be counted as 2 or more champions. For example: APTeemo is one champion, and ADTeemo is another champion in the chart.

LegOfLamb

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pounce View Post
you missed singed. crappy chart.

As a singed player, heres the counters in my experience:

Singed is good against:
Akali
Jax
Nidalee
Singed hard countered by:
Garen
Rumble
Wash:
Jarvan IV
Renekton
Nasus
Cho'Gath
Sion
Udyr
Singed is also hard countered by Kennen. Most of the community plus high ELO players agree.