Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fnatic MSI Wins IEM New York!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titan0machy

10-21-2011

Quote:
Xetios:
no one cares, as soon as all the NA teams got knocked out I stopped watching.

I honestly do not understand why you find NA matches worth watching, and EU not.
I'm European myself and I enjoy watching teams from both continents equally much.

Would have cheered just as hard if a team pulled off something amazing, regardless of their country tag.

SystemShark

Adjudicator

10-21-2011

*cheer* Yay for Fnatic and SK =))))

Chaoticon

10-21-2011

People "train" and play these games for MONTHS sometimes years and get nothing in return for winning. All of these sponsors and giant corporations making ****ing billions could give out NICE rewards for winning. Instead the CEO's remain greedy and need that 2-10mil bonus.

delima05

10-21-2011

Gratz to Fnatic - long live competitive gaming.

Fnatic and SK are now gaming franchises - need more of these.

Wilkenfeld

10-21-2011

Quote:
GhostofTupac:
Only 2 NA teams go to Keiv?? Dignitas, TSM or CLG? All are obviously very good but it will be interesting to see which two get in and which one is left out. It will be a big disappointment for any of these teams to be left out. All have very top players, and egos to match.

TSM and Dignitas are my favourite, but all of them are great teams. TSM also gave a good game against Fnatic.

Good luck everybody!

delima05

10-21-2011

Quote:
Chaoticon:
People "train" and play these games for MONTHS sometimes years and get nothing in return for winning. All of these sponsors and giant corporations making ****ing billions could give out NICE rewards for winning. Instead the CEO's remain greedy and need that 2-10mil bonus.

I'm not quite sure thats that much money into the competive gaming scene. its growing. but i dont know if CEO are walking around with a couple million an event.

Not to mention cost for some huge few thousand person event.

its still taboo in the US. but its slowing starting to come out with companies like Riot setting up their big 5 million tourny at the end of season 2. its starting to be an "sport" just like football or hockey ( not really ) you get it tho !

delima05

10-21-2011

Quote:
Titan0machy:
I honestly do not understand why you find NA matches worth watching, and EU not.
I'm European myself and I enjoy watching teams from both continents equally much.

Would have cheered just as hard if a team pulled off something amazing, regardless of their country tag.

This is because competive gaming is big in forigen countries and rather small in America. We usually have 1 power house team, where you guys have fnatic and sk dominating every game every year.

Kesha05

10-21-2011

I expected a more balanced final

Borbarad

10-21-2011

The person who first started making big money with gaming was the American known as Fatal1ty, so I don't know why you people say Americans don't make money with gaming.
Furthermore there is no reason why people should be better just because they are paid. Have you seen Fnatic? They have more fun than any American team, which look stonecold ****serious while playing the tournaments.

Its not about the money.

@to the person which says Americans are one of the hardest working people with 40 hours a week
I think that is a ****in' joke, in most countries of the world poor people literally work the whole day for their whole life. In Europe 40 h per week is standard as far as I know.

Kejmur

10-21-2011

Congratulations for FnaticMSI. They played really well and proved that double AP teams are as viable as in the past. Well, right now they are certainly a team to beat.

BTW if I may ask - When qualifiers to IEM Kiev will start ?