Do you think there should be some kind of handicap for teams with leavers?

Yes, I think ranked games should have a handicap for 4 man teams with leavers. 29 78.38%
I think leavers hurt games, but leaver buster takes care of that just fine. 5 13.51%
No, teams with leavers still have a perfectly acceptal chance to win. 1 2.70%
No, teams with leavers deserve to lose, any kind of change would make it too imbalanced. 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Issue's with leavers/ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesuszilla

10-08-2011

Ranked games are supposed to be a test of ones ability in game and as such the solo que element I think hinders this philosophy with a lack of control over the players. I've noticed going into this second season, and through my ranked games in the first season, that there are a high number of afk/leavers or intentionally rude and undesirable players that get stuck onto an otherwise good team and drag them down. I have seen it happen to others and have had it happen to me.

I would like to propose a change for solo que ranked games that would affect a team when a player leaves other than simply marking them a leaver and reporting them. I obviously don't have the resources to look into ways to apply a better experience in these situations, but Im sure Riot can. A way to increase a teams damage, or survivability slightly to help in team fights, or a way to keep a 5 man team from split pushing lanes for an easy win vs only 4 players. I don't expect anything at all from this, but I would like to gauge how Riot, and the community feels about this, and maybe if there's a strong enough opinion towards this it'll be added.

Jesuszilla

10-08-2011

three attempts at making that poll, and I still got a typo it should be acceptable.

DizzyMane

10-09-2011

I went from 4:0 with Caitlyn to 4:5 as in.. 5 losses in a row and the first four of those would range between having 1-3 leavers. it really sucked.
It was solo que by the way. so it wasnt like one group left / disconnected from same connection. they all left independently

Soreasan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Honestly I'd love to see LoL changed in a manner similar to WoW's battleground system. In WoW when one player leaves another one comes to take his place within 30 seconds. In LoL it's harder to implement something to counter leavers, but I feel it's essential. LoL dominates the MOBA market over HON, DoTA 2, ROI, etc because it's so friendly to casual players. However right now leavers screws up the game a lot for casuals. You have a surprise obligation come up? You'll probably get a week-long ban when it hits tribunal. You have a leaver on your team? You're probably going to lose regardless of your skill. You see the problem yet? Everyone involved in a leaver situation is punished. There needs to be a better system for dealing with leavers than simply punishing everyone. Many people really do have RL obligations come up so they HAVE to leave while it is unfair to punish the other 4 team-mates for that.

NationsCake

10-11-2011

I think that the leaving should have huge consequences, because if the team with 4 has a handicap, I guarantee that clans will find a way to abuse it.

Jesuszilla

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NationsCake View Post
I think that the leaving should have huge consequences, because if the team with 4 has a handicap, I guarantee that clans will find a way to abuse it.
This would be something for solo que draft mode and not group que. It could be something like buffing turrets or minions to make it harder for 5v4 teams to push back to teh turret and BD against a team that cant fight as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be a buff to champions.

z All In z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

In DOTA the compensation for a leaver was being able to loot all of their items and split their gold. But that actually made it too advantageous for the 4 person team if the person left around late lane phase because that'd be like an AD carry suddenly getting a second bloodthirster and we all know what a fed AD carry can do. Instead I think a higher rate of exp and gold per second would be more appropriate.

Sizmic

10-20-2011

I think something more needs to be done but as the play can always reconnect giving the 4 player team an advantage then having the 5th member come back would be punishing the team that didn't have a leaver.

Instead I think a better way to help with the leaver problem is the reduce, drastically, the amount of elo loss for the handicapped team. The reduction perhaps being based off the amount of time they are down a player.