Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

saving IP for rune pages (help!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

10-24-2011

Mine cost about 8.5k. I only had 6600, so I'm still down a few. At level 20, you'll need two Quints, six Marks, six Seals, and six Glyphs. I think people are thinking about level 30 when they say stuff like "you'll need 15.5k". I could be wrong though, because my runes were probably on the inexpensive side - Flat AR Seals ftw.

BadaBingWitaPipe

10-24-2011

People often suggest Scaling magic resist runes. because you get the most bang for your buck(slot?) late game, and don't have to worry as much about trying to buy magic resist. Magic resist being a really hard stat to itemize for because most items that give it are meh, compared to their armor giving counterparts.
On a mage you are more likely to get hit by magic damage, then physical damage if you are team fighting correctly, plus in lane 90% of the time you will be against another ap carry.

Nexus Crawler

10-24-2011

Quote:
Peram:
Flat mr: +1.5 mr
Scaling: + 2.7

Magic damage is more of a threat late game, and with scaling mr a relatively early neg. cloak should keep you covered throughout the game.

People are seem to think that you're limited to just one or the other however, I often run say 3 flat and 6 scaling.

Most of the time I don't even need that. With Scaling MR Glyphs and a pair of mercs I'm generally good until late Mid, or late game.

Now Flat MR are decent too. They're cheap and work well on already naturally MR scaling champs like most Melee's and Tanks. That little but of early MR helps some, and can boost you up to around 70 base MR before mercs/MR items later in the game.

My personal preference because of how AP champs scale too well into late game are getting the scaling runes. 24 MR + 6 if you take any thing in defense gives you +55 with just merc treads late game. Add on a BV and you're pretty much golden with around a 130+ MR (depending on whether they're natural scaling or keep their base 30).

Nashtak

10-24-2011

Don't get tiers 2, ever. Tier 1 runes are the best for the cost whereas tier 3 are the inevitable IP dump. Tier 2 fill no role whatsover. If you have many champs, i'd suggest you get tier 3 runes that could be usen on as many champs as possible. Use Tier 1s to fill the holes until you get enough IPs for the Tier 3; that also means the runes you will use only on a few champs.

Axis the Dragon

10-24-2011

Also, try to get Primary over Secondary Runes.

Asuramundos

10-24-2011

Thanks everyone for all your input figure it was unnecessary to make a separate post thanking all of you individually, but I do greatly appreciate all the feedback this thread has gotten. I understand what/when in terms of runes a lot better now! ^_^

Tømøya

10-25-2011

You should fill your book with T1 runes, which are dirt cheap, then save for T3 runes. T2 runes are a total waste. They cost too much to be worth it over just spamming T1 runes and saving for T3. This is the best route to take. Some people say just save for T3, but with no runes at all you will be hard pressed to compete, and there's no reason to sit at 0s when T1 runes cost next to nothing. Just fill her up with T1s.

Thermopile

10-25-2011

MPen, M/5, AP/lvl is what I like for casters or anything that is heavy on AP

Kaikeishi

10-25-2011

sorry to hijack ->

i have over 13000 IP and am lvl 18, so i should have more by the time i hit 20.

i usually play whoever is on rotation during the week, so how necessary is it that i buy runes for a specific champ? what are the baller runes? is dodge really good or are people trolling?

thanks ahead for the advice.

Tømøya

10-25-2011

Quote:
Kaikeishi:
sorry to hijack ->

i have over 13000 IP and am lvl 18, so i should have more by the time i hit 20.

i usually play whoever is on rotation during the week, so how necessary is it that i buy runes for a specific champ? what are the baller runes? is dodge really good or are people trolling?

thanks ahead for the advice.

Most people stack Armor Penetration for Red and Purple, which is the best thing to get for any hero that has a higher attack than spell(Look at the info bars). If the spell bar is higher, then you want to stack ability power on everything.(Usually casters and some melee) Whatever doesn't need these are up to preference. For instance if you want the creep proc items, then +attack speed on the blue slots isn't a bad investment. Forget whether you are melee or ranged and look at the bars and your abilities. If most of your dps is physical(High attack + abilities that are physical, not spell), then you want Armor Penetration rune above anything else. Katarina for example is melee, but her abilities are all spells and her spell bar is far higher than her attack bar. If you use her you'd want to stack Ability Power runes and items and forget armor pen/attack.