saving IP for rune pages (help!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

Senior Member

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Your suggestions for AP casters scares me.
Same. I didn't even finish the first line. O_O

For casters a solid choice is:

MrPen Marks 410 IP
MP5@18 Seals 205 IP (I believe)
Flat AP Glyphs 410 IP or CDR 820 IP
Flat HP Quints 1025 IP or Flat AP Quints 1025 IP

Gives you a base that covers a variety of AP champions, and offers HP Quints which can be used on a number of champions. Other alternatives are Flat Armor, and Scaling MR both 205 IP with a large number of uses. Junging, AD Carries, Tanks, and can even be used on a naturally low CD caster for extra early game, and late game survivability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
Same. I didn't even finish the first line. O_O

For casters a solid choice is:

MrPen Marks 410 IP
MP5@18 Seals 205 IP (I believe)
Flat AP Glyphs 410 IP or CDR 820 IP
Flat HP Quints 1025 IP or Flat AP Quints 1025 IP

Gives you a base that covers a variety of AP champions, and offers HP Quints which can be used on a number of champions. Other alternatives are Flat Armor, and Scaling MR both 205 IP with a large number of uses. Junging, AD Carries, Tanks, and can even be used on a naturally low CD caster for extra early game, and late game survivability.
Thank you, Nexus Crawler. tbqh, your suggestions make the most sense to me XD not to bash everyone else's feedback, it just translates the easiest here. Very simple and straight forward I suppose is what I'm saying. Its also the closest to my attempt at a rune page on a LoL builder app on my phone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-23-2011

I have another question in general, although I may already know the answer. (maybe a new thread?)

Why is scaling MR so popular/suggested a lot? I assume that I am missing its value in game, since I see melee champs as more of a threat than other mages. (I tend to main Veigar or Fiddlesticks) so AP doesn't scare/affect me all that much, do I need to reconsider?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peram

Senior Member

10-23-2011

good starter runes:
marks:
arpen
mpen

seal:
mp/5 (mix of flat/scaling)
flat armor

glyphs:
scaling ap
mr

quints:
flat hp

With those you should be able to fare decently on any champ. Later you will definately want dodge runes, a ton more quints, as marks etc. etc. but that's a good start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peram

Senior Member

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuramundos View Post
I have another question in general, although I may already know the answer. (maybe a new thread?)

Why is scaling MR so popular/suggested a lot? I assume that I am missing its value in game, since I see melee champs as more of a threat than other mages. (I tend to main Veigar or Fiddlesticks) so AP doesn't scare/affect me all that much, do I need to reconsider?
Flat mr: +1.5 mr
Scaling: + 2.7

Magic damage is more of a threat late game, and with scaling mr a relatively early neg. cloak should keep you covered throughout the game.

People are seem to think that you're limited to just one or the other however, I often run say 3 flat and 6 scaling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epsilon2012

Senior Member

10-23-2011

What i do is buy 9 runes...then a champ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tepin

Senior Member

10-23-2011

If I were to start with 2 sets of each rune type again it would be:

Marks:
ArPen
MagPen

Seals:
Flat Armor
MP5/lvl

Glyphs:
MagRes/lvl
Flat CDR

Quints:
Flat HP
? Since flat HP are so universally useful, this one I would tailor to my preferred char and role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peram View Post
Flat mr: +1.5 mr
Scaling: + 2.7

Magic damage is more of a threat late game, and with scaling mr a relatively early neg. cloak should keep you covered throughout the game.

People are seem to think that you're limited to just one or the other however, I often run say 3 flat and 6 scaling.
Thank you for your input, Peram. Wonderful explanation


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightdancer ND

Senior Member

10-24-2011

marks: armorpen or magic pen
seals: flat armor (you need the dodge runes only for 2-3 champs and they are expensive)
glyphs: magic resist per level or flat cdr-runes (for some rare champs/special items builds => so you can reach the desired maximum 40% CDR in total)
quints: armorpen, flat HP, flat ap or movement speed

On rare exception you will need magic pen (red) and the rest flat AP - most for mages that need to snowball and have high ratios. For example LB or AP-Trist.