saving IP for rune pages (help!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

My more experienced friends and other players seem to recommend that I save up IP to fill up my rune page with tier 3 glyphs and such once I hit level 20.
I was just wondering what a rough estimate would be for the amount that I'd need to save?
I mostly play mages, and they seem to use roughly the same runes (I think?)

Powerstoned

10-20-2011

a good first rune set is gonna be around 15k IP on the cheap side. I think overall every new player should buy MAYBE 4 champs, and save the rest for runes pages. Then if you get 3 full rune pages, only then start blowing IP on new 6300 champs.

Ortus2

10-20-2011

you need atleast
marks common are armorpen or magic pen ->3600
seals i recommend armor on every champ -> 205 times 9
glyphs i recommend flat mr .>205 times 9
for quints you could take Hp, Armorpen or flat ap

railgunftw

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortus2 View Post
you need atleast
marks common are armorpen or magic pen ->3600
seals i recommend armor on every champ -> 205 times 9
glyphs i recommend flat mr .>205 times 9
for quints you could take Hp, Armorpen or flat ap
I recommend mana regen per level seals in addition to these.
I also run magic resist per level glyphs instead of flat, but that's just preference.

iP1ayJarvan

10-20-2011

ad quints more worth the investment imo.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
a good first rune set is gonna be around 15k IP on the cheap side. I think overall every new player should buy MAYBE 4 champs, and save the rest for runes pages. Then if you get 3 full rune pages, only then start blowing IP on new 6300 champs.
yes there are a few high cost champs I've had my eye on XD but I've been good so far, with only 3 bought champions, at summoner level 15, with currently 5532 IP.

BendyBread

10-20-2011

I've got a full Amumu page save for quints (m-pen marks, flat armor seals and mr/level glyphs) as well as a full AP caster set (mpen marks, mregen/level seals, ap/level glyphs). Instead of traditional AP quints I have the halloween ones since theyre nearly the same and cost so much less (I'm cheap).

I highly suggest buying runes over champions. You'll have plenty of time to perfect champions when you have the runes to utilise them properly.

Mejakallu

10-20-2011

You're only summoner level 15. Save you IP until you hit 20 before you consider even touching runes.

But in all honesty, I would just keep trying champs until you hit 30.

Ditto Your Jynx

10-20-2011

For mages get mp reds. For seals go either dodge because 9 ranks in your defense tree atleast gives a lot of dodge for you and will Piss people off they work well... You can also opt for flat armor seals to be cheap. For glyphs if you play a nuke like leblanc or something I go flat cdr if your playing someone who is more mana hungry like veigar because you want to farm your q go mana regen per lvl or if you want Mr glyphs its also a valid option for quints. Flat ap... Don't take anything else maybe one other rune but atleast 2 Ap maybe another mp or HP or ms. Also don't forget masteries really help.... Your first items try going on like league craft and build a lvl champ you'd play put your beginning item masteries and runes to see what stats match you best also you can see how much jogged rune page will cost probably between 12k to 20k

BendyBread

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeyesx View Post
For mages get mp reds. For seals go either dodge because 9 ranks in your defense tree atleast gives a lot of dodge for you and will Piss people off they work well... You can also opt for flat armor seals to be cheap. For glyphs if you play a nuke like leblanc or something I go flat cdr if your playing someone who is more mana hungry like veigar because you want to farm your q go mana regen per lvl or if you want Mr glyphs its also a valid option for quints. Flat ap... Don't take anything else maybe one other rune but atleast 2 Ap maybe another mp or HP or ms. Also don't forget masteries really help.... Your first items try going on like league craft and build a lvl champ you'd play put your beginning item masteries and runes to see what stats match you best also you can see how much jogged rune page will cost probably between 12k to 20k
Your suggestions for AP casters scares me.