Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Modest Proposal: How To Fix Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinnyshin

06-17-2010

Most of the time, I disagree hugely massively about the whole "Malzahar is underpowered" rants.

However, the cleanse issue is the single point (other than his useless passive) on which I have to agree. I don't want his ultimate (or Morgana's, who has a similar issue) to be uncleansable. It's just...cleansing is supposed to negate status conditions, particularly CC stuff. By making the DoT and CC inextricably linked, this means that cleanse functions as a shield against ultimates, which makes it far more powerful than it should be--and than I think the creators intended.

I'm of the opinion that a cleansed Morgana/Malzahar ultimate should negate the slow/stun aspect, but keep the DoT, which is really a separate matter altogether and should be blocked...separately.

nicosharp

06-17-2010

Mal is without a doubt underpowered. Not his #'s just as a champion. He is also more screwed by Cleanse then Morgana, because really only Morgana's Ult is effected (You can count her snare, but the short time it snares is worth it, compared to Mal's Malefic Visions) Morgana also has a true support skill, and a skill-shot snare CC on a much much shorter CD than Mal's CC (his ultimate).

Cleanse is a huge negative for Mal, but not horrible. What they should do is
#1 - Nerf Mercury Treads
#2 - Don't give Cleanse the 2 or 3 seconds after use of 50% reduction to CC effects
#3 - Don't allow cleanse or click items to be used while silenced
#4 - Add a 1.5 second small AOE Silence to Malzahar's Ult. This will stop the individual from immediately Cleansing his ult, and will also offer some team support to his skill.

If none of the above happen
- Improve his base movespeed
- Improve his E and R spell cast range, and his attack range
- Give W some support effect, either movespeed for team on pass-through or personal HP gain.

GODZEEERAAAAAAAA

06-17-2010

Quote:
nicosharp:
Mal is without a doubt underpowered. Not his #'s just as a champion. He is also more screwed by Cleanse then Morgana, because really only Morgana's Ult is effected (You can count her snare, but the short time it snares is worth it, compared to Mal's Malefic Visions) Morgana also has a true support skill, and a skill-shot snare CC on a much much shorter CD than Mal's CC (his ultimate).

Cleanse is a huge negative for Mal, but not horrible. What they should do is
#1 - Nerf Mercury Treads
#2 - Don't give Cleanse the 2 or 3 seconds after use of 50% reduction to CC effects
#3 - Don't allow cleanse or click items to be used while silenced
#4 - Add a 1.5 second small AOE Silence to Malzahar's Ult. This will stop the individual from immediately Cleansing his ult, and will also offer some team support to his skill.

If none of the above happen
- Improve his base movespeed
- Improve his E and R spell cast range, and his attack range
- Give W some support effect, either movespeed for team on pass-through or personal HP gain.

I love rushing someone, throwing ignite to get them to blow their cleanse early, only to have my ult last 2 ticks and keep me stunned as they run off.

Cleanse is powerful enough as is, it doesn't need the trailing effects.

As far as Malz specific things, as many people have stated, he needs a longer ult and more MS.

Falanthis

06-17-2010

Quote:
nicosharp:
Improve his E and R spell cast range, and his attack range

This would be ideal but heck, I would even settle for increased base damage to minions because at present it's pitiful

Excorsism

06-17-2010

Am I the only one concerned about the fact that Call of the Void cannot be rotated? Unless you can, someone enlighten me. But seriously, no one seems to mention anything about being able to rotate it in their QQ's about Malzahar's weaknesses. It would help IMMENSELY.

Ebonclaw

06-17-2010

> Add 100 range to ulti.
> Make Cleanse clear the stun from YOU as well as the enemy, if enemy uses it.
> Make Voidling permanent until killed, give them 10 seconds to grow from size to size 2, they enter Frenzy state for 7 seconds any time they make a kill, or you are struck by an enemy champion.

Those are both easy changes really, but the Cleanse change might require some complicated coding, else they'd have done it looooong ago for Warwick.

Ebonclaw

06-17-2010

Quote:
Excorsism:
Am I the only one concerned about the fact that Call of the Void cannot be rotated? Unless you can, someone enlighten me. But seriously, no one seems to mention anything about being able to rotate it in their QQ's about Malzahar's weaknesses. It would help IMMENSELY.

Not sure where you're going with this. No one is QQing about this, because all walls function the same way, you drop them perpendicular to you, why would this be an exception?

Excorsism

06-17-2010

Quote:
Ebonclaw:
Not sure where you're going with this. No one is QQing about this, because all walls function the same way, you drop them perpendicular to you, why would this be an exception?

Bleh, edited. I'd like to have some sort of key bind to manually rotate it on a particular spot.

Criel

06-17-2010

He does need some kind of fix. Heck, even if cleanse got a nerf it would fix him, not perfect but it's something. Cleanse is the big problem.
1. Fix cleanse.
2. Fix voidling.
3. Not full win but semi-win.

Yugi

Recruiter

06-17-2010

Not trying to be the troll here but.
Malzahar is godly. (Y)
No fix needed.

Just my opinion tho.