Please, stop blaming the tank.

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tibberton

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyuki View Post
Yep, tanks are not well-loved in most games. I hate it when the team blames the tank when he's obviously did his job-initiating, saving allies, etc etc. But tanks are obsolete when the enemy KNOWs HOW TO FOCUS FIRE on your teammates, one by one. Its not the tanks's fault if the enemy doesn't aim him in the 1st place.
If you are easy to ignore, then you are not tanking correctly. You need to initiate at a time and place that they can't ignore you, or punish them if they do try to ignore you.

As a Rammus main, most of my losses with him *are* my fault. The biggest way to lose as a tank is to fail to match your team's aggression. If you are more aggressive than your team, you will die horrifically. If you are less aggressive than your team, you will find other people initiating, leading to deaths.

I also find, as the tank, you have to communicate with your team. When I do play DPS, I rarely see my tank communicate. When I play Rammus, I have to correct behaviors. If we have a bad team fight because our kill order was terrible, I need to point that out. Games that started poorly, and I just threw up my hands, ended just as poorly. Again, that loss was my fault.

Support has a tough role as well. DPS has a relatively simple role: stay alive and kill, kill, kill. They rely on support to assist them. Much more importantly, they rely on the tank to guide them safely through the game. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's the responsibility you are accepting when you play a tank. If your team dies a lot, chances are it was your fault.

Now, as for the Soraka mentioned above, and others like her... well... You can't save stupid.

Matthew21210

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygoat View Post
well, if you had used mega adhesive you COULD have saved him...
Endgame Fling CD: ~9 seconds

Endgame GOO CD: Slightly longer, and harder to target effectively.

wildfire393

06-17-2010

I've definitely seen some very fail tanks in my time. Like a Rammus who, whenever a teamfight was brewing, would find his way to top lane to farm. And then when the fight was over with 3-4 of us dead and any survivors running for the hills and them with maybe 1 dead and 2-3 critically injured, he'd powerball after their hurt janna, past turrets and into three of them, dying. Three or four times this happened.

TheBubba

06-17-2010

to sum this entire thread up people are stupid, the tanks job sucks, and this is all why i stopped playing tanks.

my most played is still sion and not mean dps sion or badass AP sion but regular old tank sion. all thru closed beta and a fair way into open beta all i did was tank and trust me the tanks job sucked then and it sucks now i gave up. good for you guys for still bothering

Nihili

06-17-2010

Tanking is a really unrewarding job. Expect to be blamed for everything and not ever hearing a thank you for good tanking. What most people look at is K/D ratio, and you'll never have an amazing K/D as a tank. Get over with it or stop tanking.

I'm not even level 30 yet, but I've been tanking a lot of my games and I remember only one time when I was actually told something nice for my tanking. Now I don't think that I'm such an amazing player I should be praised after every game, but I'm pretty sure I did good in more than that one game.

If you're playing a tank, don't expect much love. Especially in solo-queue. It's you who has to know when you did well and when you sucked, 'cause other people will only tell you about the latter.

The Promise

06-17-2010

Can I still blame a tank that just doesn't tank?

Temlam

06-17-2010

It was exactly like what was said, they ignored me.
They focused carries, hard.
They killed my allies no matter what I did.
They also proceeded to die to me after my allies died because they ignored me so much.

The problem especially was that we didnt have the pushing power or enthusiasm after wiping the whole enemy team with like 2 people up to do anything.
All the minions were destroying our turrets and we were screwed because early game was a nightmare.
I was with the scion who was 1 of 2 feeders (A ww that kept soloing all the time and getting ganked nearish to their turrets was the biggest one) we had to fight another singed and a **** blitz at top, deadly combination. If you got grabbed you were screwed. This was majorly because if I ever flinged one of them as thewir singed flung me, it would fail to fling them but I get flung and my cooldown goes on. G ****ing G.

FOX AFifthCyborg

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihili View Post
Tanking is a really unrewarding job. Expect to be blamed for everything and not ever hearing a thank you for good tanking. What most people look at is K/D ratio, and you'll never have an amazing K/D as a tank. Get over with it or stop tanking.

I'm not even level 30 yet, but I've been tanking a lot of my games and I remember only one time when I was actually told something nice for my tanking. Now I don't think that I'm such an amazing player I should be praised after every game, but I'm pretty sure I did good in more than that one game.

If you're playing a tank, don't expect much love. Especially in solo-queue. It's you who has to know when you did well and when you sucked, 'cause other people will only tell you about the latter.
This.

Basically, you, realistically, have to have a stoneskin to tank. Really, tanking is like the above in many games. I used to tank for one of the foremost guilds in World of Warcraft. I quit because they would rag on me whenever I made a tiny mistake. Yes, a tiny mistake. When one of the healers would let me die, they would say... 'why not activate your barkskin?!'.

Sorry. Ranting.

Anyway, I love tanking. I really do. I hate it sometimes, true, but... it's like all things in life.

Leirkov

06-17-2010

I hate doing a good job of tanking and my team with 90% HP decides to go jungle while Blitzcrank grabs me into a team of 5 angry champions.

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-17-2010

Tanks and support, man never play the healer in solo-q because they will always complain that you didn't heal enough. I'm sorry if you want to attack the entire team and I pop BOTH my heals on you as Soraka and you still die, you deserve to die.

Oddly enough he played the stupid clown, which again proves my shaco d-bag theory- 90% of all Shaco players are jerks.

123456 ... 11