Please, stop blaming the tank.

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temlam

06-16-2010

This rant is mainly because I just played singed and got pissed off.

If you are not helped in your mind, please don't blame the tank.

If you have a singed player, don't be screaming about how you die.

Don't yell at him for "running" when his fling and slow are on cooldown and he's trying to poison all the enemies chasing you.

Don't expect that if you are running from 5 people the tank can save you.

Don't assume you are higher elo because you place wards as ezreal and initiate a 3v5, to be the last one left alive and tell people what THEY did wrong.

If a singed used his slow, and his fling in the most epic ways possible, dont be mad because he didnt help you enough.

If you had 1 bar of life in a 2v5 situation, don't yell at the tank for "running"

If you are are annie, really shut up because it's your job to stun a team.

If everyone ends up dying, please don't blame the **** tank for it. He's probably played games with competent people whose enemies he facerolled all over because they actually went with the **** tank.

If the enemy also has a singed, a blitz to pull, a kayle to invuln, a mord to aoe and tank I guess, and an udyr, don't blame the god **** tank because he couldn't save you from that, especially when you were the jackass who runs back in with 2 bars of health to try to kill a mana shield blitz ><

IndomitusRex

06-16-2010

I played a game a little while ago as Nasus where I laned with a Soraka who absolutely insisted on hanging her ass out, almost inviting a well-played Gragas / Teemo combo to poop all over her repeatedly. Apparently I kept "letting her die" because I couldn't scrape Gragas and Teemo off of her. "Use your slow!" Yeah, Wither was up on Gragas as much possible whlie chasing, but between Ghost, Cleanse and Body Slam it doesn't amount to much.

So many players out there who just can't smell a gank coming (i.e. don't notice when their team goes mia), and have no sense for staying alive. People need to take responsibility for their own survival.

Crannicus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

Mundo's not even really a tank the way I play him, and yet I get shat on for "letting my lanemates die" because they overextend on a chase and then get ganked by the lane partner before I can really do anything about it.

And then there's the squishy DPS who tries to initiate a "team fight" when the odds would be 2 or 3 of us versus 5 of them.

iWaffleStomp

06-16-2010

I'm feelin you bud. The thing is it's the internet and someone somewhere is going to complain no matter what. It doesnt matter if you pentakill and ace the whole enenmy team solo on a 5v5 someone is gonna complain because "the dps needs feed not a stupid tank." or some other random ****.

Flygoat

06-16-2010

well, if you had used mega adhesive you COULD have saved him...

Garborg

06-16-2010

Tanks get no love. Over all the champions I play, tanks are the ones that get b.tched at the most.

Doesn't matter if you have over 500 games as Rammus with 70% win rate. Solo queuing- if your DPS doesn't deliver you get **** for assists. And many DPS like to blame anyone but themselves. And if you do get crazy and try and carry the team, you end up gimping your DPS teammates late game, so finish the game early or expect a loss.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndomitusRex View Post
I played a game a little while ago as Nasus where I laned with a Soraka who absolutely insisted on hanging her ass out, almost inviting a well-played Gragas / Teemo combo to poop all over her repeatedly. Apparently I kept "letting her die" because I couldn't scrape Gragas and Teemo off of her. "Use your slow!" Yeah, Wither was up on Gragas as much possible whlie chasing, but between Ghost, Cleanse and Body Slam it doesn't amount to much.

So many players out there who just can't smell a gank coming (i.e. don't notice when their team goes mia), and have no sense for staying alive. People need to take responsibility for their own survival.
I'm pretty sure I was Teemo, I'm sorry she decided to ragequit later on when I kept kiting everyone through shrooms.

Also Singed is a ***** to play and his Fling gets entirely glitched, he always deserves some slack. A rule for all those who don't know, if your pushing always support your tank! Stop running, only the tank is allowed to tell you to run.

HauntingSpectre

06-17-2010

Heh. I know how it feels. I love it when someone *****es about how you didn't Taunt the player chasing them....When you're Cho'Gath. I play a pretty mean Tank Cho'Gath and if a Silence and Stun on the opponent chasing them doesn't stop them, not much else will aside from killing them.

God forbid they, y'know, keep running while the enemy Jax, Shaco, Twitch or whatever god forsaken champion it may be is stunned. Noooooo, instead they have to try to hit them one more time.

'Course on the flip side, when I'm not being all big and sassy as Cho'Gath it's amusing to gaurd the tank. Nothing quite like seeing a Tristanna leaping to defend a Cho'Gath or Rammus, Or a Shaco / Kennen springing out of nowhere.

"Stay away from my Cho Cho Train!" is always amusing to say when saving Cho and get a kill.

Rooke

06-17-2010

Tanks do get blamed a lot more than they should but in all honesty, the tank is one of the most important parts of the team, if not the most important and many of them are horrible.

kuroyuki

06-17-2010

Yep, tanks are not well-loved in most games. I hate it when the team blames the tank when he's obviously did his job-initiating, saving allies, etc etc. But tanks are obsolete when the enemy KNOWs HOW TO FOCUS FIRE on your teammates, one by one. Its not the tanks's fault if the enemy doesn't aim him in the 1st place.

12345 ... 11