Sona item build order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arlowne

10-19-2011

I used to follow a guide that tells me basically to go:

Philosopher's Stone -> Heart of Gold -> Ionian Boots -> Aegis of the Legion -> Shurelia's Reverie, buying wards all along the way of course.

After playing some game though, I'm just really not feeling Heart of Gold. At 825 gold, I'm not making money until close to 30min after I buy it. I'm also not really feeling the benefit of the extra 250 health.

I recently exchanged my Fortitude quints for gp10 quints, and I'm trying to see if I can rush Shurelia's Reverie right after I get boots. Most of the time I can comfortably get Shurelia's just sometimes after the 20min mark, and I really feel that getting to the 40% CDR cap can help. Having the movement boost that early into the game also make me much more useful for escaping and initiating during team fights.

In short, for my new item build order I go:

Philosopher's Stone -> Ionian Boots of Lucidity -> Shurelia's Reverie -> Aegis of the Legion, and then whatever that I think will help me at that point.

Should I aim for AotL before Shurelia's? Or should I still get more gp10 items, since philo's stone's benefit will be gone once I get Shurelia's Reverie?

Drakorath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Keep in mind that Heart of Gold pays for itself much sooner than 30 min. because you get some money back when you sell it. Also, I usually use the Heart of Gold to make a Randuin's Omen if the game goes on long enough. It's an amazing support item unless the enemy team lacks physical damage, in which case you will probably win early anyway.

As for which item to get first, Reverie or Aegis, both are great so it doesn't matter much. I personally like the extra defense that Aegis provides for the team, so I get it first. This also allows you to get a little bit of extra gold by holding on to Philo stone for a bit longer.

I hope this helps

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

The whole philo > hog is more of a ranked game/game you care about thing. Because your going to need the gold for wards and oracles.

If your playing normals or not going for complete optimal team setup then your build works fine, i still suggest this though: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-sona-guide

FrankenNiggel

10-19-2011

The order I usually use is this.
Meki pendant-chalice of harmony. Avarice blade, beserkers greaves, zeal into trinity force, Bloodthirster, phantom dancer.

breadbocks

10-19-2011

I play aurabot Sona. I take Philo asap (Start Regrowth, hope you get first blood/fb assist early on to get the rest of the cash you need) then build Aegis for the all around incredible stats, Mana Manip (Don't make SS yet), Basic Boots, WotA, Starks, then Soul Shroud. After that, take Shurelia's, or Elisa's if you're getting heavy CC and don't want Mercs, and last pick up level 2 boots.

Cenerae

10-19-2011

Philo + HoG is what you get for your gold income. If you're being a proper support, you need these to be able to afford your wards and oracles, then get anything else off assist/dragon/baron/tower cash.

I guess you could potentially skip the HoG but you'll be hurting on cash. You won't get the aegis or reverie significantly faster by doing this anyway.

Between aegis and reverie, I'd opt for reverie incidentally. Aegis is good, but reverie gives you CDR and the movespeed is more powerful if you use it wisely. Aegis does make you tankier than reverie though, if you keep dying before you can do anything (though this can usually be fixed by positioning better)

AreYouReady2Die

10-19-2011

Course archangel, lichbane, rylia's, abyss scepter makes you actually a threat..

Hell just archangel and lich and you can kill someone in about 4 seconds. Nothing against no ap no heal builds, but I like to actually acomplish something besides being a aura bot.

Tirote

10-29-2011

Lich/archangel are expensive and Sona's damage scales very poorly later in the game, So that is why you are better off getting something for your whole team. At least that is what most of us do with Sona.

Unless you are trying to go with a AD troll build of course but you are better off picking a real damage dealer if you want to hurt the other team.