Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People Saying That Ashe is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKLG

06-16-2010

In a lot of high ELO games right now, Ashe is being used in a team comp where she is super useful.

It's basically a permanent pushing team that can avoid team fights that they don't want and kill towers with impunity.

It basically involves Ashe to mass slow, Soraka to keep pushing up, Kayle because she is OP against towers, and Janna to ult if a fight is initiated that they don't want. Sub in Ezreal or Shen and you have your team.

So there's a lot of buzz in that ELO about Ashe, and where she fits into teams.

Nobody is decrying her as ridiculously OP. She is a carry with no escape, really low survivability, and no inherent boosts to damage. See Ezreal (escape), Jax (survivability), or Tristana (attack boost) for examples of champions who carry better.

She is however, ridiculously useful in a lot of compositions, including this particular Flavor of the Month pushing team.

The problem isn't an Ashe problem. She is relatively easy to play, with some good utility and CC for a DPS champ. She has been very similar for a long time, and although frequently played, she has never been even close to regarded as OP.

Now here's the problem:

High ELO has a team comp where Ashe fits in well. Low and mid elo players who hear about Ashe doing really well and people winning with Janna/Ashe premades start thinking that the Ashe who owned them in mid is OP.

They come to forums, talk with other people. Almost everybody can relate because everyone has seen Ashe as she is an inherently popular champion.

So the TL;DR version:

Ashe is a champion who has been useful, popular, and not even close to over powered for an extremely long time. Just because of a flavor of the month high ELO team comp, and a general QQ from low ELO players who sit in mid auto attacking the turrent 5 seconds after Ashe B's, this does not mean she is suddenly OP.

Stop whining. Learn some mechanics. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, downvote. I can copy/paste as well as the next guy.

Peace.

EDIT:

On Volley:

The volley mechanic can be looked at. Currently, its designed to not hit the same target more than once so you can't insta gib people from 2 feet like the old days with it. However, this can lead to it passing thru minions to hit champs if the minion has been hit. A solution that others have proposed and makes sense is that only the first hit of volley does damage, but additional volley hits will be soaked up by whoever is hit as well.

CounterCraft

06-16-2010

Ashe have perma slow and stun you can snipe with.
I have no problem, but bandwagon QQ is something that requires another bandwagon anti-QQ to fight back.

JohnPetrucci

06-16-2010

I agree that she's not OP, but her volley needs fixed. I should be able to use minions as a shield from that.
It's getting really old to see an Ashe in every game though.

Xetvenen

06-16-2010

I'd call her passive a significant boost to damage there kiddo

Brees

06-16-2010

this guy be teh super high eloz

http://www.lolbase.net/us/DazzL

oh wait, there isnt a single notable name on there.

Truhls

06-16-2010

Ashe is actually a great support champion. Most people think she is a carry, she is, late game. till then she supports really really well.

Edit: @ Brees hes won his last 5, you havent.

http://www.lolbase.net/us/Brees

Razeluxe

06-16-2010

Youre suggesting that a team of Janna, Soraka, Ashe, Kayle, and Ezreal would be successful? And who's going to take any damage?

Ashe isnt OP, shes just a good carry. If focused she dies in .2 seconds, so you just need to know how to play against her.

FauIts

06-16-2010

It will all be fixed with bans friend.

durpado

06-16-2010

Her volly is insanely OP right now. They either need to cut down it's range or severely lower the slow or remove the slow on it. She is the reason kite teams are becoming so strong right now.

xKLG

06-16-2010

At the responses so far, which I will continue to do until this gets locked.

@ Counter Craft: Not really sure what you mean by your post, but if your meaning is I am trying to start an anti-QQ bandwagon. Yes, you are right sir.

@ JohnPetrucci: The volley mechanic can be looked at. Currently, its designed to not hit the same target more than once so you can't insta gib people from 2 feet like the old days with it. However, this can lead to it passing thru minions to hit champs if the minion has been hit. A solution that others have proposed and makes sense is that only the first hit of volley does damage, but additional volley hits will be soaked up by whoever is hit as well.

@ Xetvenen: This is part of why Ashe works well in a permanent pushing team. Fights are few and far between and allow her to build up crits for harassment. In an actual teamfight, her passive goes unnoticed. At level 18 she would have to wait 15 seconds before attacking to get a guaranteed crit. That is a horrific boost to damage. Her passive works for laning and occasional harassment, but a direct boost to damage it isn't at all.

@ Brees: I'm not particularly high ELO. I used to be higher, and probably will be higher again when Season 1 comes out. In any case, I have played many games at a high level and interact and think about this game from that standpoint. Then again, why does that matter? My point isn't that I'm great or low ELO players don't have worthwhile opinions, it's that you need to think about the perspective of every player and what they bring to the table. Hearing about Ashe being good with Janna at high ELO doesn't mean the Ashe who "sniped" you at mid is OP.