mages vs Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

I have been playing for a little over 2 weeks now, and I enjoy a range(get it?) of mages like Veigar, Heimerdinger, Fiddlesticks, etc
Earlier in Twisted Treeline, I encountered (bought, non-f2p) Singed for the first time, and I just could not find a way to take that guy.
Is he just a very strong champion against casters? His passive gives him tons of health, I can poke him like crazy sure, but his darn poison and stuff just destroys my entire lanes-worth of hard work T^T
Should I be doing something specific against him?
Or should I not try 1v1 with a mage?

LeafyFall

10-18-2011

What exactly is your lane of hard work? Singed in TT is one of the strongest picks. He's not a champ that the vast majority of champs can take down 1v1 in the mid game. In SR one tries to ignore Singed and destroy his team before focusing on him.

The best you can do is get a void staff, survivability, and don't get in situations where he has the entire map to chase you around. Chasing him is also often a bad idea. You can also try to win at all the other aspects of TT and just never kill him.

Asuramundos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

I suppose I was unclear there, I meant my pushing all the way to inner turret and how he would keep me at range with his poison down, diminishing my minions with it.

Nexus Crawler

10-19-2011

Only real way to take singed in TT is by Denial. Don't let him farm and into mid game he's almost worthless. Given once he does farm and he will he'll still be hell on wheels but that's the best strategy there is for him. Deny and watch him feed.

DarkenDragon

10-19-2011

his early damage is horrible even with his posion, the only reason why he would be doing much damage is if your silly enough to follow him. key to killing him is to not follow him.

he may have tons of health but if hes got no magic resistance than that large amount of health should be cut down fairly easy by any mage. getting an abyssal scepter on any AP mage would be ideal to take down singed since it'll give you the AP you need, the MR to protect yourself from the posion and flings, and the mpen to cut through any defenses hes got.

also if you got a single target nuke then its also a must have to get rylia's scepter if your spell isnt a slow already. even though his ult reduces the effects of slows, being able to slow him is still a must have. if he cant catch up to you. he cant kill you (unless your silly enough to chase him through his posion)

singed isnt a really hard champion to defeat, you just gotta use different tactics against him instead of the usual head first charge approch

Asuramundos

10-20-2011

Thank you for the advice and tips, everyone I feel like I have a better understanding on what to look out for!

Iliketurtle

10-28-2011

Singed is a true tank and hard to take town I was Annie and I got madreds bloodrazer
, and killed Sion and Singed Hahaha no joke

MuhGeeSher

10-28-2011

Get someone like Vayne. then just poke away. I'd say a caster with silence and hard nuke -> LeBlanc>Kassadin, hmm maybe even Cassiopeia for constant poison and key spam.

liaison

10-30-2011

Try Ryze /w banshee's.