Low FPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenny

06-16-2010

I get around 20 FPS with all graphics set on medium, I would like to play the game on it's max graphics for the full effect. Is there any way to increase your FPS without actually upgrading your computer? Like just messing around with the options on the menu, like vertical sync, I don't even know what some of these do.

Also I don't fade out when I'm stealthed unless I'm playing on very low quality, anyone else get that?

Kaiokhen

06-16-2010

You got no choice but to either play it at very low setting or upgrade your computer.

Legomasta

06-16-2010

There are very few ways of doing it but they certainly help if you are willing to go through the effort. Shutting off anything running in the background helps a great deal as well as emptying some space on your hard drive. I like to keep just LoL running when I'm not working at home and getting rid of everything on my tray (all that stuff on the bottom right).

Other than that, there really isn't a whole lot you can do. I suppose you can play around with your options a little bit too.

Cryser

06-16-2010

You can also increase your FPS by lowering your resolution.

eSPee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

20 FPS is HIGH for me... at low settings.

LordMarshal

06-16-2010

Ashes Volley sometimes reduced my frame rate from 60 to 25 oO

JunKx

06-16-2010

first off - run without vert sync - vertical sync links your FPS to what your monitor refresh rate is (most likely 60) so you'll be stuck at 59 FPS regardless of anything. by doing this it eliminates tears or rips in the graphics vertical sync when for instance side scrolling and such. its great if you have a computer that will constantly handle over 60 FPS, but if you don't and your FPS falls below 60 FPS it automatically halves the value to 30, then to 15, etc etc. so vert sync can seriously hurt your performance if your comp isn't up to snuff

second ya turn everything else off. open run type msconfig and browse through there - turn off a lot of startup aps and services. keep all microsoft services on but google each and every other one for a description as to what they do and turn off what you don't need so it doesn't hog your resources.

Roboturner

06-16-2010

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: ... no, not really. Just play lowest settings until you get a new computer.

Truhls

06-16-2010

If you want you can set your PC to classic view and turn off all the extras, then in the cmd prompt type in msconfig goto startup tab disable everything and restart. you may see a very slight performance increase.

Other then that, or tweaking the registry ( not recommended ) you cant increase performance without upgrading your PC.

c00L3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Banned

06-16-2010

There is a little setting in graphics menu which a little zooms your game, but then you get about 20fps more.