Camera Settings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thebunker

06-16-2010

Hi
As a newish LOL user I can sometimes find 5vs5 team fights overwhelming and lose track of my Champion. I have played around with the camera settings and I find the Camera Lock a bit Constrictive, so would it be possible to implement and change which finds the middle ground between the two. My suggestion would be to viewpoint which allows you to move around but every 5 seconds the camera centres back to your champion.
On a side note could we get a mute toggle from those players who try to wreck the experience for everyone. At the moment we can only block people at the end of games.

Many Thanks

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

06-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You can center the camera on yourself whenever you like using Spacebar. Instead of implementing a mode that automatically jerks it back to your character every X seconds (which I would find annoying), I'd rather just hit spacebar whenever I want to center back on myself. Of importance to note as well is that if you hold down Spacebar, it's the same as temporarily toggling on the locked camera. As soon as you release, the camera isn't locked anymore. Hope that helps!

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebunker View Post
Hi
As a newish LOL user I can sometimes find 5vs5 team fights overwhelming and lose track of my Champion. I have played around with the camera settings and I find the Camera Lock a bit Constrictive, so would it be possible to implement and change which finds the middle ground between the two. My suggestion would be to viewpoint which allows you to move around but every 5 seconds the camera centres back to your champion.
On a side note could we get a mute toggle from those players who try to wreck the experience for everyone. At the moment we can only block people at the end of games.

Many Thanks
you can /ignore PLAYERNAME in game.

For example, to ignore me, /ignore Dragonarmy

I would second that my friend had no idea how to ignore a player ingame. Once I showed him, his experience dramatically increased. I would suggest a discussion about putting the explanation in the tutorial. While it is not a skill, it is a function that might increase enjoyment.

Furthermore, my friend decided to stop playing LOL because of his experience with other new players. He disliked that he would invest 30 minutes into a game and rarely were there 10 players at the end of the game . Upon watching him play, I realized that at his new ELO there were tons of leaves and a lot of negative comments.

One suggestion might be to prioritize a single lane 1v1 map. Not only would it allow experienced players a great way to "duel," but would provide a simplified experience for new players which would also provide a more reliable experience: fewer players can leave and a win is based more on yout skill level.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.

Thebunker

06-17-2010

Thanks for your replys,didn't know about the spacebar hotkey, or the ignore setting. Problems solved.

Turtie Ninja

04-24-2011

A friend mad an account to play and changed the camera view to lock on the champion. I need to change this back because it's impossible to play with it. I've looked threw settings and every thing couldn't find it. Maybe I just looked over it but any help would be amazing... Thanks

Nachopop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

I never played my camera fixed O.o, I always have it unlocked and I use my spacebar to fix it when I need to

Jimmie Rustled

04-24-2011

for some reason i found it to be the opposite with a locked and unlocked camera, i find it impossible to play with an unlocked camera so its been locked since day one, i just use the minimap and drag the rectangle to the area i want to pan over to to see it

Tantalis

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtie Ninja View Post
A friend mad an account to play and changed the camera view to lock on the champion. I need to change this back because it's impossible to play with it. I've looked threw settings and every thing couldn't find it. Maybe I just looked over it but any help would be amazing... Thanks

theres for 4 little buttons near the left corner of the minimap. click on of those i dont remember quite which one it was off the top of my head but i think its a little eyeball