When you have to build Tanky DPS.... Build ManAtmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

I decided to see if there was a way to maximize Damage Dealt with HP and the most Armor and Magic Resist you could get.

I decided to focus on a champion that utilizes Mana and can do well with the commonly used Atmogs Build. The traditional Atmogs was missing balance. For mana using tanky DPS champions if people got any form of MR it use to be Force of Nature.... its a great Item for Atmogs builds but not on mana using champions. When people do this they lose a slot specifically meant to be used for increasing the mana pool. No one likes to cast a few spells and have to Back because they ran out of mana. This build also allows you to free up the Blue buff in order to keep your AP Nuker / Support / Jungler always sporting blue buff.

ManAtmogs - Focuses around 4 key items and the combination of these 4 Finds the perfect balance of HP, Armor, MR, and Mana.

Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler, Banshee's Veil, Manamune...

Manamune + Atama's Impaler working together make up the difference of AD lost from the traditional Atmogs builds.

Warmogs + Banshees gives you HP close to your taget HP amount but gives you additional Mana and Magic Resist to be able to deal with any problem.

I tested this build out on Pantheon and Yorick so far. The survivability and damage outputs of both champs was incredible. The two additional slots left open leave room for whatever items suit your champion.

On Pantheon I built Infinity Edge, and Mercury Treads against teams that had a lot of CC or Berserker Greaves against teams that then to run squishy with higher damage output.

Pantheon's Full Build Stats with this are:

330 AD
3807 HP
2352 Mana
180 Armor
160 Magic Resist... less without Merc Treads

This allowed me to stay out in the lanes longer, farm more, survive suicidal odds, save team mates... granted Balance Builds may not be what you like... Some people do very well building champions as Glass Cannons... but not everyone excells at that type of gameplay. This build is a good supplement for mana using champs that do well with Atmogs.

So in the future try ManAtmogs

theplqa

10-16-2011

Manamune really isn't necessary.It isn't a great item as is anyways.Plus charging it up is a pain and takes a while.

An item you could also consider is Trinity Force.
Or maybe Frozen Mallet for more health to go with Atma's.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post
Manamune really isn't necessary.It isn't a great item as is anyways.Plus charging it up is a pain and takes a while.
Pantheon's low CD works.

Also, the additional slots should be either Gunblade + Last whisper, or BT(only get IE on dominion since BT is not on dominion) + last whisper.

Demonicous

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post

An item you could also consider is Trinity Force.
Or maybe Frozen Mallet for more health to go with Atma's.
You have a point but my thread was all about suggesting a decent variation of Atmog's that balances Mana Pool, HP, Armor, MR, and Damage. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED ALL 5 of these stats raised with an Atmogs this is the way to go. Panth and Yorick do very well with all 5 of these stats raised to max.

Epic Dancing Guy

10-18-2011

Not really new for me I always have gone ManAtmog's on Pantheon, Urgot, Yorick and SOMETIMES Blitz depending if I'm going heavy AD(which I never do) franky those are the only champs you get Manamune on(Free week Corkis build Manamune 'cause they're bad).

Afraa

10-18-2011

manamune is a horrible item on all but a few champs

and if you aren't getting a ie to go with your atmogs you are nearly wasting the crit stat on the item