Changes to Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superman1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2011

I know that a lot of people will probably write on this post and say, "Oh My God, SO Noob!" or post up ridiculous changes to characters that they think will benefit them. And I will put a disclaimer here that says these are all from my account of playing these champions and if Riot believes they are bad then by all means tell me. I just want to see if these suggestions would ever make it to the table or what could be said. If you reply to this thread, I hope that you put up reasonable suggestions to better make this game balanced/competitive and not ridiculously overpowered.

1) Shaco - I like what Riot is doing in this upcoming patch at buffing Shaco's base stats and his increase per level but I think an added bonus to him that would help out his early game would be a slight buff to his MR and MR/lvl. Most Shaco's that build as jungler's and hope to gank early wind up being extremely squishy and susceptible to getting killed so a slight buff to that would help him in his early ganks, as well as make him more viable for mid/late game.

2) Leona - I think that she has a great set of skills that make her viable for competition, stuns and gap closers and the such make her an amazing tank and possible solo top. The two minor problems that I see are that she is slow compared to the people she's supposed to be chasing, so either increase her movement speed so that she can keep up with the people she is chasing and then be able to stun them, or reduce the cooldown on her Q to balance that out and so she'll be able to keep up with her opponents and stun them and keep them in the general area for her team.

3) Karthus - Everybody has their qualms with him and his Ulti. I think if you change his ult, he would be completely unappealing. So I propose a change in that your opponents must be seen/or have been in the sight of your team 5 seconds before the start of his ultimate to take damage. It is unappealing to new players and teams that play when they have a person dc'd and that gets killed for no reason and feeds the enemy team on stacks to a karthus with Mejai's. So this change would instead create a balance so that the ultimate takes some timing for its usage. And not just a "Press R to win" scenario.

4) Annie - She used to be a very valuable AP carry with a dedicated AoE stun for a team. Now she's fallen out of favor because (I believe) she has terrible range on all of her spells. I can understand the shorter range on her R and W skills but the range of her Q compared to many of the other current AP's is just pathetic. She ends up in range to do the Q but is kited so much for trying it that she can be poked to her death way too easily. So a slight increase in her Q's range would be fantastic.

5) Vladimir - This is really the last person that I will post on. He was my favorite champ for a very long time. But since his consistent nerfs, its just been hard to even want to play him. His skill set is good and has always been, but the nerfs to his Q have really hurt him badly. They were needed to bring him down from his god-like state of a mid AP; however, he seems to have been hit too much (imo). A nerf to the damage (necessary), a nerf to the cooldown (good), a nerf to his heal/sustain from his Q (reasonable). However, putting them all together you've made an interesting and fun skill into a suicide skill. Its range from the beginning was pathetic, but since it was worth using the skill and to trade blows here and there, it made it so that the range was the least of your worries. But now with all the nerfs to the ability, its unreasonable to trade with that ability. So I propose you keep the spell where its at damage and sustain wise, but instead increase the range. Reason being that it gives Vlad players a sense of control to the scenario again, instead of having to run into a Morgana's snare or be in range of Brand's Conflagration. So I propose you make his Q the middle range between where it is now and the max range of either Morgana's Q or Brand's pillar to just even his ability to trade and not be risking death every time (or at least feel like it).

Thanks again, hopefully Riot will read this and give me some feedback as to why or why not these changes would be reasonable and if anybody else has some tips or thoughts please make them constructive. Thanks again!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

There is no Champion feedback section.