"Dear Riot, why are there no....."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlayWithMe69

10-18-2011

Dear Riot,

It has just came to my attention that there are no pure support champions (like Sona, Soraka, Janna) that cost above the 3150 IP threshold.

Recently every champion that has been released has either been a carry or tank (mostly carries). I don't mind an increase in these types champions because it's nice to see some variety within ranked matches, but it's getting to the point where seeing a janna/taric/soraka in almost EVERY single ranked match has become mundane. People have already adapted to these champions and know the ins and outs like it's their remote control.

I know there are champions like Oriana and Maokai who can play support very nicely, but nobody ever builds that way. They'd rather tank or deal damage.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Don't you think it'd be nice to have a change? Something new and exciting? Possibly even challenging? I know you guys ar working on the Nine Tails Fox (lol Naruto?), but by the look of things, she won't be a support champion.

I was thinking of having a champion, similar to Maokai, who fights using the trees of the forest. Like actual branches and **** to actually attack, defend, run, etc. I know this is very cliche, but I don't think anyone would mind. It'd also be cool to make this champion a male, since 90% of the support champions in this game are females, and really... when have you ever seen a character (in any game) who uses the forest to support allies, that's a guy? Barely ever.

So hopefully, Riot, you will see this thread and possibly brain storm ideas. We need a costly champion who takes actual skill to play and will be acceptable in ranked matches as a support. Nothing more o.o

Etherimp

10-18-2011

So... This relates to Strategy, how?

julianjuvenile

10-18-2011

this should go under the champion idea forums