Dedicated bot players get no love!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
You would be able to take both bot turrets if you were using both hands to play...
I got the joke. +1 not sure why it was downvoted.

NetherGate

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
I don't say you cannot push hard, pushing hard is good, some of the best bottom push hard, but pushing hard is GALAXIES away from trying to cap the enemy point actively all the time.
You dont want to push it all the time, just when.......... ok, all the time, you want to do it all the time, and I wrote a full page of of metagame logic to defend that which I call "agro theory", followed by PAGES of thorough explanations of the responses from people who had trouble with the concept. As I said, too long to post here. but if you are interested, check out this thread;
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1449639

NetherGate

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
I play bot 95% of my games and i do well most games. I enjoy playing on bot because its an entirely different playstyle than top. The problem is most people fail to grasp this! Its like a whole other game inside of the game where the object is to pressure and punish the enemy.

A GOOD bot will not kamikaze in to take a point they have no hope in keeping! A good bot will farm like crazy and let the minions do the dirty work staying safe to defend our point while trying to force a 2v1 situation to give top the advantage. Its about keeping pressure on the enemy defender not taking their point, sure if i kill him and can take the point i will but im not going to die trying to defend it which would just give up ours or split the team in the process.

So many games i am bashed, called a noob etc. because i dont actively try to keep taking their bot and im sick of it! If you want to come down and gank, i dont care but get your butt back top or put pressure on their mid dont sit down bot with me!

So tired of noobs pointing at their "uber l33t" score bashing me when i keep steady pressure on the enemy and dont lose our point. Sure sometimes **** happens and i get ganked but thats not because im a bad player or a noob or whatever! When they gank take advantage of it and take top or push their mid dont start raging and run bot to "rescue" me!

On that same not im tired of seeing people call bot then kamikaze their point just to keep it for 5 seconds and lose ours! Trying to keep their bot is a waste of time people... Unless you are seriously fed its just not going to happen. Learn to use the minions to your advantage! They cap points VERY fast and with little risk to you.
I have to disagree with you a little bit. We are 99% on the same page, and you have a better grasp on a strategy I coined "agro theory" than any other player I've come across. Omg its nice to hear that from another player.

Now for the 1% that we vary on. I Do think its useful to take the opponents turrets even if it wont last, but I use promote and minion waves to do it for sure, and Im good at it. The thing is that when you do, you totally force the 1v2 situation you want instead of pressuring them to 1v2 u. And often Im able to hold that turret for around a minute, give or take, which as you know devastes the opponents top if your team is worth their mustard.

See, here is the thing, I often will drag out their ability to recapture their bot turret for as long as I possibly can, usually unto my own death. The reason why is that the amount of time that it takes them to recapture that turret after my death, and run/drive all the minion waves back to my bot turret takes longer than it does for me to respawn, haste out there, and be defending my turret. Thats the reason I drag out the excess aggression as much as I can as far away as possible from my turret. Its a huge boost to top, and I got my shiznit covered. By then I needed to shop anyway, I usually have 2-3k gold, sometimes more.

Anyway, nice post man, u is big pimpin in your comprehension of metagame. I have a link to my thread below for anyone who whats to check out my post on "Agro Theory", the way it affects personal score, and my plea with riot to incorporate agro into the scoring system so that bot laners and other agro pullers dont continue to get their personal score pissed on so heavily.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1449639

Im also going mention your thread on my thread too. Later.

TouchinMyself

11-11-2011

If i can cap i WILL but its not my primary objective.

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

What's even more irritating, is when you get 3 people down bottom, because your team is so incompetent that they can't even get top from the remaining two. Which happens nearly every game I go bot as Graves or any other champ I do well with down there, as long as I'm not fighting someone completely broken like Yorick. It's terrific when you're getting targeted because you're the only one on your team that's actually doing anything right.

TouchinMyself

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaoGarrent View Post
What's even more irritating, is when you get 3 people down bottom, because your team is so incompetent that they can't even get top from the remaining two. Which happens nearly every game I go bot as Graves or any other champ I do well with down there, as long as I'm not fighting someone completely broken like Yorick. It's terrific when you're getting targeted because you're the only one on your team that's actually doing anything right.
I hate that ****. Get into a 2v1 or 3v1 and focus on not dying then when i get a second i look up and they still have windmill and the rest of my team is dead... Just want to scream sometimes.

LesserNemesis

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Your mileage may vary.

Despite playing some of my best games yet, I'm constantly under attack by my teammates. If I'm ganked, it's my fault. If they blitz bottom with 4, it's my fault. If I go 5-1, force a second bot laner and then fall to 5-5, I'm feeding. If I win their bot I'm expected to hold it the rest of the match.

And no matter how well I do, if I'm last in points I suck.

Urge to kill rising.

This... 1000000000000x this