Dedicated bot players get no love!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mojib

11-10-2011

+1 Bot laners. You guys are unsung heroes, especially when you force the enemy team to pull guys from top to gank you.

Phoenix7786

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

I agree with you wholehearetdly about "tapping their node to distract" vs "dying to get their node and then lose it right back and yours to boot" argument. I play hardcore Heimer bot defense and all day I get the same **** you do.

Yuan Shikai

11-11-2011

OP, I would direly enjoy to play with you laning bottom.

I am always matched up with those botlaners that try to push and die or leave bottom lane to go top for no appearent reason. You seem like a decent person not up for that kind of ****.

NetherGate

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
I play bot 95% of my games and i do well most games. I enjoy playing on bot because its an entirely different playstyle than top. The problem is most people fail to grasp this! Its like a whole other game inside of the game where the object is to pressure and punish the enemy.

A GOOD bot will not kamikaze in to take a point they have no hope in keeping! A good bot will farm like crazy and let the minions do the dirty work staying safe to defend our point while trying to force a 2v1 situation to give top the advantage. Its about keeping pressure on the enemy defender not taking their point, sure if i kill him and can take the point i will but im not going to die trying to defend it which would just give up ours or split the team in the process.

So many games i am bashed, called a noob etc. because i dont actively try to keep taking their bot and im sick of it! If you want to come down and gank, i dont care but get your butt back top or put pressure on their mid dont sit down bot with me!

So tired of noobs pointing at their "uber l33t" score bashing me when i keep steady pressure on the enemy and dont lose our point. Sure sometimes **** happens and i get ganked but thats not because im a bad player or a noob or whatever! When they gank take advantage of it and take top or push their mid dont start raging and run bot to "rescue" me!

On that same not im tired of seeing people call bot then kamikaze their point just to keep it for 5 seconds and lose ours! Trying to keep their bot is a waste of time people... Unless you are seriously fed its just not going to happen. Learn to use the minions to your advantage! They cap points VERY fast and with little risk to you.
You would be able to take both bot turrets if you were using both hands to play...

Yuan Shikai

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
You would be able to take both bot turrets if you were using both hands to play...
There he goes again. A bot actively trying to cap enemy's bot ALL THE TIME is a terrible player and should not bo. Defing your own point is ALWAYS priority.

Deathnor

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
There he goes again. A bot actively trying to cap enemy's bot ALL THE TIME is a terrible player and should not bo. Defing your own point is ALWAYS priority.
really thier is no best meta yet. so to call someone else horrible is wrong. i myself push bot hard i want to draw a 2v1 anytime ghost is up. very rare when i get ganked hard and often.i generally decap bot at least twice a game and i almost always have a roamer trying to outpush my heimer with bot leaving top to 4v3.

Yuan Shikai

11-11-2011

I don't say you cannot push hard, pushing hard is good, some of the best bottom push hard, but pushing hard is GALAXIES away from trying to cap the enemy point actively all the time.

NetherGate

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
ya, I think that joke went over your head, but a team cooperating under agro theory metagame already has that turret defended through indirect pressure.

Tale Feather

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
ya, I think that joke went over your head, but a team cooperating under agro theory metagame already has that turret defended through indirect pressure.
Point right there.

You don't have to constantly cap bot so much as keep pressure on it and let the minions do it for you. So long as your team understands that's what you are doing, your mid can deflect would-be back capers headed that way.

The entire point of solo bot is to keep pressure on the team so that they are forced to divert people or lose their bottom point.

Sitting passively on your turret just begs that you get overwhelmed by a built up minion surge.

Push to pressure, cap to punish overcommitments from the enemy team elsewhere.

As far as keeping their bot point. It entirely depends on the situation. I've had teams hold a 4 cap easily against an enemy team for good amounts of time, just knowing how to cycle in fresh defenders.

NetherGate

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
Point right there.

You don't have to constantly cap bot so much as keep pressure on it and let the minions do it for you. So long as your team understands that's what you are doing, your mid can deflect would-be back capers headed that way.

The entire point of solo bot is to keep pressure on the team so that they are forced to divert people or lose their bottom point.

Sitting passively on your turret just begs that you get overwhelmed by a built up minion surge.

Push to pressure, cap to punish overcommitments from the enemy team elsewhere.

As far as keeping their bot point. It entirely depends on the situation. I've had teams hold a 4 cap easily against an enemy team for good amounts of time, just knowing how to cycle in fresh defenders.
Please dont spread bad metagame theory. no offense, but please look up "agro theory" in forums under "playing for score win vs. playing for win" I have no doubt that your strategy worked against bad unorganized teams, but your meta game is trumped by agro theory.

If I pushed bot and you did what you are saying, you would get me killed just before I killed their bot champ and took their turret. It happened exactly like that during the last game I played.

Controlling the opponents bot turret is a game winning strategy, it shifts the game in your favor tremendously, even if it doesnt hold because it sends additional opponents to bot to take the turret. At this point a team functioning under agro theory would easily take 1,2, or even 3 top turrets. Generally speaking, it isnt hard to respawn and be defending our own bot turret by the time they are able to push there, if you defended the far bot turret to the death. What you said would turn total match domination into a probable loss, although as an "agro dodger" you would probably be deceptively rewarded a high score doing this, and therefore probably arent aware of the dynamics at hand. You would look at the chart, and think that the lowest scoring champ let the team down, but he was often the best player, its just that you as an agro dodger failed him.

Please look up the article. There is way too much to explain here.