Dedicated bot players get no love!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

10-19-2011

Bump!

Rizenxin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
It dont matter. Points are meaningless, increasing the points i get means nothing to me.
Grow some iron skin, bud. Played 3 games today so far and in each one I played the roles that no one else wanted (tank, bot). In each game I got slurred by at least one teamm8. You can't argue with these immature kids, they'll just find some irrational reason to call you a new name because that's how they cope.

If points don't matter, either mentally ignore the baddies or click on that ignore button. And remember, grow that iron skin. There's nothing more effective than complete silence in chat to shut them up when you win or lose. Unless you go through the trouble of befriending them despite insults in post-chat, you'll never encounter them again (usually).

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

I play bot as Xerath quite a bit lately and have been doing exceptionally well (though I have been trying other bots too), and I do agree that bot is a really unique aspect of Dominion.

It's a full on 1v1, you vs whatever trying your best to win a never ending game of tug of war. It's nice to occasionally get a gank, especially if I'm struggling (although Xerath has been proving to be so good at bot even vs monsters like Yorick and Cho), but I get a lot of **** for having the lowest score out of anybody, even after the defensive/creep clearing point buffs were implemented.

Still though, it's a nice change of pace while still maintaining a lot of intensity, especially when the enemy sends back-up.

Point hogs lose games, a good example of this is when you have that awkward moment when 1 enemy is taking the Refinery and yet 4 people are channeling on the Quarry being point hogs, when in reality it would be best for the team if 3 people let go of their channels and went to stop the guy at the Refinery.

MillForMe

10-19-2011

I've found that although being bot is a completely different style, and that role MUST be filled through most of the game, having only 1 champ there the whole game isn't the best idea imo.

I started dominion as Leona, and I loved being on bot. But as time moved on, I started watching the map. Sure, I'm applying pressure in the lane, or defending our tower, but what about the moments that I could be of great help?

The tower above me needs defending. There's a battle going on in the jungle. Their team is defending bot heavily and I'm not near it yet.

I've watched many small moments pass by that I could help out and not lose bot, and then I slowly drifted away from it.

Bot NEEDS constant pressure, defense, offense, anything. But I don't agree that 1 champ should stay there all game anymore. People can alternate, roam, etc. I believe that's best.

Mightyal

10-19-2011

You know what's funny is that I've played bot and ended up first place a couple of times. We go off wining because of the number of times I've capped their turrets bot. Not always, but it happens. It puts a lot of pressure on bottom, forcing the top to go bot and defend.

I do agree that Bot needs more love, because I play bot a lot. The ones that berate low scores, I notice are ones who have just started dominion.

They like to brag about 2nd or 1st place from ninja capping and losing their turrets in 2 seconds.

TouchinMyself

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillForMe View Post
I've found that although being bot is a completely different style, and that role MUST be filled through most of the game, having only 1 champ there the whole game isn't the best idea imo.

I started dominion as Leona, and I loved being on bot. But as time moved on, I started watching the map. Sure, I'm applying pressure in the lane, or defending our tower, but what about the moments that I could be of great help?

The tower above me needs defending. There's a battle going on in the jungle. Their team is defending bot heavily and I'm not near it yet.

I've watched many small moments pass by that I could help out and not lose bot, and then I slowly drifted away from it.

Bot NEEDS constant pressure, defense, offense, anything. But I don't agree that 1 champ should stay there all game anymore. People can alternate, roam, etc. I believe that's best.
Letting them have bot to defend mid is NEVER a good idea. If its that bad run far enough to pop garrison and go back.

Having a dedicated bot player is a MUST in this mode until someone comes up with a better strategy which is unlikely.

Alternating is fine as long as someones down there. Letting their bot free farm and dominate is a very very bad idea.

TouchinMyself

11-10-2011

So i have noticed a pretty big change in the respect bot gets lately. People seem to be grasping the whole bot metagame a lot better than before.

Stimuz

11-10-2011

Quote:
So i have noticed a pretty big change in the respect bot gets lately. People seem to be grasping the whole bot metagame a lot better than before.
Well, as a player usually forced to play bottom due to the champs I like to play I think the meta has a lot of room to improve. If I let someone else lane vs soraka or ryze I'll gank early and often for them. Sometimes even ganking after capping mid- we lose top, they lose bot. Pretty **** hard to take a tower back with 1-2 at level 5 and it's now 3-2. Roaming ganking is the future!

Stez007

11-10-2011

Quote:
Your mileage may vary.

Despite playing some of my best games yet, I'm constantly under attack by my teammates. If I'm ganked, it's my fault. If they blitz bottom with 4, it's my fault. If I go 5-1, force a second bot laner and then fall to 5-5, I'm feeding. If I win their bot I'm expected to hold it the rest of the match.

And no matter how well I do, if I'm last in points I suck.

Urge to kill rising.

TouchinMyself

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Your mileage may vary.

Despite playing some of my best games yet, I'm constantly under attack by my teammates. If I'm ganked, it's my fault. If they blitz bottom with 4, it's my fault. If I go 5-1, force a second bot laner and then fall to 5-5, I'm feeding. If I win their bot I'm expected to hold it the rest of the match.

And no matter how well I do, if I'm last in points I suck.

Urge to kill rising.
It is still hard being a dedicated bot laner but its so much better than the first week of dominion.