Dedicated bot players get no love!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

10-18-2011

I play bot 95% of my games and i do well most games. I enjoy playing on bot because its an entirely different playstyle than top. The problem is most people fail to grasp this! Its like a whole other game inside of the game where the object is to pressure and punish the enemy.

A GOOD bot will not kamikaze in to take a point they have no hope in keeping! A good bot will farm like crazy and let the minions do the dirty work staying safe to defend our point while trying to force a 2v1 situation to give top the advantage. Its about keeping pressure on the enemy defender not taking their point, sure if i kill him and can take the point i will but im not going to die trying to defend it which would just give up ours or split the team in the process.

So many games i am bashed, called a noob etc. because i dont actively try to keep taking their bot and im sick of it! If you want to come down and gank, i dont care but get your butt back top or put pressure on their mid dont sit down bot with me!

So tired of noobs pointing at their "uber l33t" score bashing me when i keep steady pressure on the enemy and dont lose our point. Sure sometimes **** happens and i get ganked but thats not because im a bad player or a noob or whatever! When they gank take advantage of it and take top or push their mid dont start raging and run bot to "rescue" me!

On that same not im tired of seeing people call bot then kamikaze their point just to keep it for 5 seconds and lose ours! Trying to keep their bot is a waste of time people... Unless you are seriously fed its just not going to happen. Learn to use the minions to your advantage! They cap points VERY fast and with little risk to you.

PriorityOne

10-18-2011

If only Riot had recently released news, perhaps in a patch preview, that players would get more points for pushing waves and defending.

TouchinMyself

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
If only Riot had recently released news, perhaps in a patch preview, that players would get more points for pushing waves and defending.
If only points won games... So tired of morons obsessing over points.

Noctrelis

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
If only points won games... So tired of morons obsessing over points.
I don't think he was suggesting that points win games. But since the points will be increased for defending and killing creeps, bottom players who keep the pressure up will have a higher score. Meaning you will hopefully be up there in score, thus eliminating the bottom "sucked" simply because you were defending the your other teammates weren't even really aware of what you were doing.

Nomnom3

10-18-2011

I love being bot. If I have a good top, we can usually win by me pushing, farming and defending. Though if top fails and I get ganked over and over, it's "Wow you suck bot. You're last in points and caps." Hmm. Maybe because I'm trying to defend while you guys keep failing at trying to take back windmill. I really can't wait until the patch comes out and you get more points for defending. I think it might actually encourage people to, you know, defend.

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-18-2011

for a quick second i thought your were talking about bot games( co-op vs ai ) Lol then i read the rest of your post, the patch changes will help you out in your score.

TouchinMyself

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctrelis View Post
I don't think he was suggesting that points win games. But since the points will be increased for defending and killing creeps, bottom players who keep the pressure up will have a higher score. Meaning you will hopefully be up there in score, thus eliminating the bottom "sucked" simply because you were defending the your other teammates weren't even really aware of what you were doing.
It dont matter. Points are meaningless, increasing the points i get means nothing to me.

The Wrongsword

10-18-2011

Just win more and get higher ELO when people will recognize better playing I think. I love a good bot on my team, all that needs to happen is to hold our bot point and bring down enemies to pay attention to them.

I find if we dont have a good bot player or no one wants to do it, we are screwed all game. We'll see if the next patch helps the point business

IS1429332aa9b633

10-18-2011

New patch note:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/graves-patch-notes

Personal Scoring has been adjusted to more evenly reward defensive play:
- Minion Kill reward increased to 2 points from 1
- Channel Interrupt reward increased to 5 from 2
- Martyr (dying on point) now gives an additional 10 points over its previous bonus
- Point defense bonus is granted more regularly
- There is now a score bonus associated with getting a Champion kill or assist while being on or near a point.

Nekrogen

10-18-2011

I made a guide about bottom lane (with Ryze) a few days ago. It really is an extremely important lane and follows pretty much exactly the way you describe it. +1 to OP, and get that word out there!