Akali runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beelzebubxv

01-06-2011

Normally I build a long sword first so that I can automatically get 10% spell vamp in lane, next build a hextech revolver and boots of swiftness. However, anyone that has played Akali knows her early game is her weakest and buying an amplifying tome first would save me that 415g from the long sword and ~21 last hits in my weakest form.

So I use the top rated mobafire build and their seals are flat HP which amounts to about 45 and glyphs of flat AP amounts to 9. I want to get a combination of flat AD seals and glyphs so that I don't have to buy the long sword first and can have an easier time with my build.

Is this a good idea? Also I have mag pen marks and quints, and want to stay with them, should I get flat HP quints?

Krodog

01-06-2011

What I am doing with Akali is getting my AP to 10 so that it kicks off the one, then I personally get a Dorans Blade as the first item so that kicks off the vamp, and it tends to work fairly well in most games, especially if you can lane with someone who can disable early on, it turns around the whole weak akali early game if you can do that.

Lancefighter

01-06-2011

For my akali, I run a set of AD marks, and use masteries to finish the 10 ad. I then start with an amp tome, for both masteries.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodog View Post
What I am doing with Akali is getting my AP to 10 so that it kicks off the one, then I personally get a Dorans Blade as the first item so that kicks off the vamp, and it tends to work fairly well in most games, especially if you can lane with someone who can disable early on, it turns around the whole weak akali early game if you can do that.
You need 20 AP to activate Discipline of Force, not 10. It's really not worth bending over backwards to activate this for laning as you don't really need it for last hitting. Whenever you go back to buy you're going to activate it anyway.

Yukine Tsu

01-06-2011

I run with a Doran's blade and masteries in order to gain the AD passive, and AP quints + blues to get the other.

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

I've done both doran's and the tome. I would suggest activating the 10 AD before worrying about the 20 AP activation. Keeping yourself healthy with high hp can get you early kills + she is decent at last hitting without the 20 AP. Use your mastery's to hit the 10AD with doran

Beelzebubxv

01-06-2011

Thanks but I'm not building Doran's sword, I'd end up selling it. At least the long sword I build into the Black Cleaver.

Hp Quints, yes/ no?

Jeffr33

01-06-2011

I get flat ap quints and glyphs while having ad marks and half ad and half armor seals. This would activate both of my disciplines. Taking 0 / 21 / 9 masteries would increase my survivability as this build works well in jungle and laning. I can stay in jungle as long as i can with cloth armor and 5 hp pots.

SoFFacet

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubxv View Post
Thanks but I'm not building Doran's sword, I'd end up selling it. At least the long sword I build into the Black Cleaver.

Hp Quints, yes/ no?
You'd only need to sell it once all your other slots are full, which takes until the end of the game to happen. Typically it is replaced with Gunblade. Black Cleaver, like all other pure AD items, is not a wise choice since Akali only needs as much bonus AD as is necessary to activate her passive. After that, AP takes priority. This is why DBlade is a common choice for starting item, to combine with either runes or masteries to get all the AD out of the way immediately, so that all the 'real' items can be dedicated to AP.

HP Quints are a solid option, like usual. Other options are AP, AP/18, MPen, etc. Akali by the Numbers, which is accepted as pretty much the best Akali guide, recommends 1 AD and 2 HP5.

A lot of selections depend on if you're jungling, how soon you want your second passive, what masteries you're taking, etc.

ForeverLaxx

01-06-2011

I'm going to save you a bit of trouble if someone hasn't already:

Don't try to activate her "AP Passive" at level 1. It's not worth the hassle and rune gimping to do it. Picking up Sheen or Rylais (of which you should have both anyway) will activate the passive from the Amp Tome without any outside influence from your mastery or rune page. You'll have the Amp Tome as your first or 2nd buy after boots, depending on how often you need to return to base, so don't worry about that part of your passive.

My advice is to pick up ONE AD Quint and use Doran's Blade. That's it. All your other runes can be slotted for your personal taste, as can your masteries. This is because Doran's Blade now grants 8 AD, and a single AD Quint gives you 2. This totals to 10 AD. Personally, I find this to be the best choice for wanting to activate your first passive specifically because it allows you the greatest amount of rune page/mastery customizability.