yorick vs xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeepers Creepers

10-18-2011

I'm new to Yorick but it seems like xin hard counters him. He has life leach and I just wades through my wave and bursts me down. Even with Armor seals and Armor items like frozen heart.

Prometheius

10-18-2011

There's this thing. It's called HP AND ARMOR, not just pure Armor. Learn it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

prometheius, you know that if you have over 1500 health, armour is more efficient than health at increasing your EHP right?

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

RealWolf M, you know that the effectiveness of additional armor depends on how much hp AND armor you have as well as the opponents armor penetration, right?

Jeepers Creepers

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
There's this thing. It's called HP AND ARMOR, not just pure Armor. Learn it.
OMG REALLY!!!???

I had hp and armor.

Taehl

10-18-2011

Xin doesn't hard counter any beefy character. He only has lifesteal through items. He's a burst champ with long cooldowns so against beefy characters he doesn't have much. Sounds like he's just generating more gold.

Hikaru Genji

10-18-2011

Xin doesn't counter you unless you think you're an auto attack champ....

If you lane against him, or pretty much any Dom game where it's 4 or 5 AD champs, always get Thornmail as your 3rd item (after CDR boots and Manamune or Chalice).

Harass with W -> E and kite him. If he charges and knocks you, Q and run back, repeat. There's nothing he can do to you. You're tankier than he is, and his knockup does nothing to the 3 ghouls and ult you have still beating on him.

KommunistKevin

10-18-2011

Xin has to be able to BEAT most champs 1 v 1

Xin has no escapes and all his attacks are melee range.

Don't listen to these people saying buy armor and/or hp.

If you buy armor and MR, you will have no damage and xin will most likely be buying armor and MR and building tanky dps.

No build will allow you to win, sorry but thats just how xin works, hes a champ designed for 1v1 situations like AD sion/trynd/jax but extremely poor in fights involving multiple champs.

Most decent xins will grab a thornmail and a mr item, and when he pops his ult he gets even more MR and armor, he will be tankier than you and deal far more damage.

KommunistKevin

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taehl View Post
Xin doesn't hard counter any beefy character. He only has lifesteal through items. He's a burst champ with long cooldowns so against beefy characters he doesn't have much. Sounds like he's just generating more gold.
Xin Zhao is one of my mains in dom, trust me he is a hard counter to melee range autoattackers

From my experience no champ can reliably beat xin 1v1 no matter what they build other than trynd and AD sion. Jax loses vs xin if xin gets sotd.

Warrrrax

10-18-2011

As said, Xin really SHOULD beat anyone 1v1 if he can get into melee with 0 damage taken. Xin lays down a pretty heavy burst with AoE, then has a decent autoattack to fall back on.

That said, you can beat him with Yorick with a few modifications. First if you can poke at him that would be great. Use you W AoE/slow at max range and then retreat which gets some damage in and slows him. It outranges his charge. Dont use E though, as his Charge outranges it.

Second, your exhaust is a lot nastier than his. Ideally you want to exhaust right as he charges you. When he charges he will Ult, then do his +dmg spear and knockup. If you can nerf this part of the damage, this will save a lot of beatings.

Then, pop your Ult so your zombie buddy beats on him, and use your W,Q, and E if you have it. 4 zombies = 20% DR, and 4 extra sources of DPS.

After xin charges, knocksup, he will have 1 additional charge/knockup then he is out of gas for quite some time.
So, the key is to make sure you don't evaporate in 2 seconds due to his burst (mostly thru exhaust and good timing of zombies), and you should do adequately.

Of course, if farmed you are probably hozed. Xin typically doesnt get much lifesteal till later. He gets ghostblade first, then possibly PD for crit/AS, then starts the sanguine blade.