Fraps settings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmYoona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Hey guys, I got a new pc and was thinking about recording some guys to try.
When I run fraps I dont drop fps at all, just a constant 60. The thing is I record at half screen and 60 fps and when I recorded 28 minutes, the file was 47gigs.

Is there a way to make the initial file smaller? I know I can compress it, but is there a way you can get the original recording smaller?

I've been told to change the fraps fps to 30, but then it limits your LoL to 30 fps and I'm not a big fan of that.

Thanks

yrtsimehC

10-18-2011

Fraps can't encode the video while it records, so that's a no, unless you switch to another program.

lmYoona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

any recommendations?

sunamcmkcin

10-18-2011

You could always look at the in game LoL replay client:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=499342

But if you find that the file size is still too big, then just limit your fps. Cant be that bad.

MrMog64

11-21-2011

If you plan on putting your game footage on YouTube, just record at 30fps because when you upload it to their servers they re-render the video at 30fps.