Can abilities Crit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spades68

09-24-2009

Simple question really, I just want to know if abilities can crit. For example - Sion's glaring stare that does 300 dmg at its highest level.

Can it crit, is crit damage applied to it?

Admonished

09-24-2009

yeah some do but the exact list im not sure, I know the pirate's shot crits.

kamicaze5

09-24-2009

currently abilities cannot crit. unless otherwise stated (like pirate's parrrlay). However, there is an item in the pipeline that will allow spells to crit for an additional 25% dmg.

DarkeTiger

09-24-2009

Really?! So ryze will become more of a walking death by spells machine?

kamicaze5

09-24-2009

heh, yup. Guinsoo leaked it earlier this week, i can't seem to find the post it's in, but it's a high level item that gives crit chance, AP, and a unique ability that allows spells to crit for 25% extra damage, based on your physical crit chance.

DarkeTiger

09-24-2009

This may actually make Ashe's ulti = guaranteed death.

Problems could also arise with Gangplanks ulti, since people normally stack crit % on him.

Shillen

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamicaze5 View Post
currently abilities cannot crit. unless otherwise stated (like pirate's parrrlay). However, there is an item in the pipeline that will allow spells to crit for an additional 25% dmg.
I think this item will never see the light of day and if it does it will be taken right back out.

RyzeAgainst

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
I think this item will never see the light of day and if it does it will be taken right back out.

Wrong. It's always funny how people get over-hyped up about new items or heros. Stuff that people are not familiar with is always viewed as OP.

The first time DOTA players saw Magic Stick, the cry was OP! INFINITE HEALS?!?

The first time LOL players saw Pirate, the cry was OP! HE CANT BE CC'ed!

The first time you guys see an ability crit item, the cry is OP! MOAR DAMAGE?

The first time the Indians saw the Europeans the cry was OP! NERF GUNS, NERF DISEASE AURA!

In the end, magic stick was really just a mediocre healing item with a different concept, Pirate got buffed, not nerfed, and there are already plenty of +ability power damage items, such as ring which gives +100 ability power and +25% more total.

Extra damage is damage, and in the end this is just another damage item, and one that is based on a percent chance. Calm down, anything can be balanced.

And the Indians... well......

Shillen

09-24-2009

Of course a Ryze player would drool about this item. Haha. I stand by my statement.

FellowerOfOdin

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamicaze5 View Post
heh, yup. Guinsoo leaked it earlier this week, i can't seem to find the post it's in, but it's a high level item that gives crit chance, AP, and a unique ability that allows spells to crit for 25% extra damage, based on your physical crit chance.
Introduce this item along with the already implemented Guinsoo and Jax will 1vs5 entire teams - again.