Still play dominion?

Odd ever finding myself play it 502 37.86%
Like 1-3 games per every 10 348 26.24%
Play it like hell 476 35.90%
Voters: 1326. You may not vote on this poll

Do you play dominion anymore? [POLL]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamVoo

10-17-2011

When I am tired and dont feel like trying I take break from SR and go to dominion.

I liked Dominion at first and then the more I played I noticed I started to get very bored with it. People say it's faster paced but that doesn't mean their is more action. In terms of kills per min then yes but in SR I am constantly engaged in doing something either lane battle/farming, positioning, setting up ganks, ganking, etc etc.

In dominion if you aren't playing bottom defense I am willing to bet that more then 50% of game time you spend literally doing nothing but running around, sitting at a point, or waiting to respawn. In actuality as long as you aren't terrible I find you spend more times actually engaged in SR.

What also doesn't help is team selection is closer to that of TT than SR. Tanky DPS, Tanky, DPS, types chars dominate. In this mode you have to be able to dish out damage as well as take it.

Fights don't usually last longer then 15 seconds, in fact it's usually the lvl 1 fight that is the longest and most entertaining one in the game.

At this point I play when someone says hey give 15 mins or so brb, or I find myself trying out new champs purchased as on Dominion right away because you rank up so fast you get a feeling for skills and you can also get an idea of mid/late game possibility fairly quickly.

I personally don't feel there is much depth to the game mode. I actually liked Arathi Basin in WoW but in LoL it doesn't deliver. I don't like the fog of war on the map and the terrain for the most part doesn't effect the match at all.

Ok I spent enough time explaining my thoughts now I think I'll do a dominion even though I know shortly I'll grow tired of constantly waiting to respawn and run to wherever I need to go. Actually I think the map might be a bit too big tbh, maybe that's it.

RiddleMeDat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-17-2011

nop

Ridcully8

10-17-2011

You didn't have the option for never bothered to play it. I was even on for the first few limited beta runs, and I almost got in queue, but then they were an hour long and it didn't sound or look fun to start with.

/signed for still haven't tried it.

Alvinheimer

10-17-2011

I work 70 hours a week I don't have time for summoners rift.

/exclusively dominion.

d0ornokey

10-18-2011

MEGA toilet

10-18-2011

Rather go to do some owning in summoner's rift than owning everyone in Dominion but still lose because no one is even trying to defend/capture the capture points (those things you capture, who cares what its called?).

Ralfazar

10-18-2011

Play like hell and back, threw me off when my friend put us in SR queue, was like, uh, guess we're playing some SR eh?

Benpasko

10-18-2011

I don't like Dominion. Sure, there's more action, but the action matters less. When I kill someone in Dominion, or push down a tower, it's like 'Big deal, he respawns in 10 seconds, and you can't stop him from taking the tower back.' In SR, a kill or tower can be game-changing, and I like that. Not saying Dominion is inferior, it's just not my thing at all.

GodPoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

I dont like it, too
lag..

Torvail

10-18-2011

I play it some.