Tristana: AD or AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Righteousness

06-18-2010

AD Trist is better. You have the highest natural range in the game by like level 10 due to your passive, why not utilize it? Also Rapid Fire is better, as well as having much better farming capabilities.

idiotard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

AD trist and skill build order should be eweqereqe etc because you only need one point in rocket jump, as your main damage is auto attacks and you can just use explosive shot for harrasment

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
First of all, AD is definitely better than AP.

Secondly you shouldn't be leveling rapid first first. It is her best ability and the most important one later in the game (roughly 20 minutes and above), however it is very weak early in the game. Her auto attacks dont do very much damage and you dont often get chances to unload on things early in the game.

By getting levels of rocket jump and/or explosive shot (even if its just a few ranks of them early on) you drastically increase her strength in the early and midgame, rather than being completely useless until you get items. Most importantly you can still get rapid fire maxed (or close to maxed) by the time it becomes important.

I think if you try that out you will find yourself much stronger throughout the entirety of the game, rather than having to wait till you have items to be useful (at which point you can still have rapid fire maxed anyways).

I second that. For my AD build, I start with jump (in case the gang me and it helps kill at level 1 too due to the slow) then put two points in Explosive to be able to harass people and counter healing, and then I start leveling up rapid fire. I've seen AP trists but i think AD is better suited for her.

Udub

09-06-2010

If you're starting out I highly recommend AD. AP requires a lot of practice and if you don't get off to a good start, you'll have a very rough rest of the game.

Mentono

09-06-2010

AD is the best for Trist. and don't get Q first, it's not that great until you get your Infinity's Edge or Frozen mallet.

i like going E then W, then look at between E and Q depending on if im getting pushed back into my tower so i need to kill creeps faster or if im the one pushing, getting Q to land some extra hits on towers.

obviously you get R whenever you can.

item-wise I like boots then Frozen mallet on Trist. usually by the time I have both of these items, Trist will be at around 2100 HP, which is pretty good. she's squishy, but not ashe/twitch squishy

Regal2580

07-07-2011

I've played both AP and AD Trist and personally it comes down to the player.

AD is wonderful because your deadly at a very long range because of her passive, but late game unless you are pretty fed you arent that great late game, but you can dominate early to mid game and deny people from getting farmed out. One of the biggest advantages to AD Trist is that fact that your not nearly as mana dependent as AP Trist,

But if you play AP and you get Rylai, your squisheyness is pretty much gone and with the fact that your ultimate will be doing upwards of around 1400-1500 before MR takes away you can 3 shot most champions if you get Lich bane. But AP trist is pretty useless until you get Rabadon. But with your skill sequence E > auto > R > auto, you will kill most any champion. Now the biggest defect of AP trist is she is very mana dependent, throughout the entire game she will be, cause you use your E's active a lot for harass.

Since i play Tristana a lot i mainly play AD Tristana, but when I feel like playin around and two shotting a TF i go AP. But definitely try both out and see which you like more

xpsychedelico

07-07-2011

Um, this thread is over a year old. I think the player already has their question answered.

Zyvux

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychedelico View Post
Um, this thread is over a year old. I think the player already has their question answered.
and yet for some reason i mega bump it into 2013

Cuddle Me Tight

02-10-2013

AD.

VxQuantumxV

05-11-2014

I believe that AD Tristana is better. Personally, I just like the amazing damage she can do with AD. But whatever.