Skill level-up buttons should only commit on MouseUp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zzSleeper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Issue: The skill level-up buttons do not conform to normal button behaviour standards. Button clicks should only be processed if the mouse is still within the bounds of the button when released.

Steps to Reproduce: Move the mouse over a skill "+" button. Press the mouse button. Move the mouse outside of the button. Release the mouse. The button-click is still handled and the skill is increased.

This has been a long-standing gripe of mine. Other buttons may also exhibit the same flaw, but the immediate permanent game-impact of skill-ups make this the most egregious. Though it may seem like a trivial complaint at first glance, having such important buttons operate counter to established standards is a significant detriment to usability.

IzzyOttr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

agreed
should be fixed

Afny

10-20-2011

Please. This drives me NUTS. I've flip-flopped over level 4 skill ups and absentmindedly down-clicked before changing my mind.

CupcakeTrap

11-13-2011

I agree. It's annoying, and counterintuitive.

BeStillFool

11-13-2011

Notice it all the time, I've missed picking ult at 6.more than once.

Rilakkuma

11-14-2011

I'd rather it remain as is. It's faster to spam skills with.

Perhaps you could press CTRL + hotkey to level up your skills instead.

dlysele

11-15-2011

the ctrl key level up is faster to level up during team fights as you will need you mouse elsewhere. But I do see the issue for some who are used to clicking with the mouse.

perhaps making the upgrade/level up button icon bigger?