Who hard counters nasus in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordMichael

10-18-2011

Cass doesnt even slow nasus down (well actually her poisons do slow but you know what I mean), I went against as Cass mid and basically she waited till level 3 to start the heavy harass (poison + fang spam) and I just baited the poison (move in and then back after the poison is cast, E on her if I have plenty of available mana) then moved back taking at most 1 fang hit, after 3-5 iterations she was oom, and then I walked onto the lane and killed everything I saw and freely harassed her with my Q if I felt like it and there was no mob to SS at the time. First back philo stone and basic boots 2nd back sheen (I had 2 kills on her by now due to bottom ganking as she was always overpushed so I could flash + combo her while jax stunned from the brush) then negatron to keep her damage down.

If you dont let cass kill you she cant farm up enough damage to be a threat with twinfang until your Q is heavily farmed.

Remember use tanky runes and masteries (I start with a +20 to both physical and magical resistances and still have 21 points in offence for damage).

The point with nasus is to be extremely tanky out of the gate so your regen + pot keeps you quite high on hp for the laning phase. Ranged DPS hurt till after you back 1-2 times then you can stand in their auto while farming minions without losing hp (I did it once to a caitlyn you should have seen the complaining in all chat as I pushed her to the tower without even slowing down). Remember if they waste last hits trying to harrass you, and you dont miss yours you are actually winning the lane even if you are pushed to the tower for the first few minutes.

Emeraldw

10-18-2011

You can't bait good Cass's that easily. You can lay it so that it covers your escape route and moving up. You will have to last hit and that runs the real risk of walking into cass's ult range at 6. And that can be very very bad.

And no one is that tanky at lvl 1.

Hyfe

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Smegger View Post
I find a major error in your post Hyfe.

1. Garen? In a flat out 1v1 contrary to your belief, Nasus actually wins. I've played enough Nasus to realise that Nasus can shake off Garen's abilities while smashing him with his E,Q,R,Q combo. Garen has sustain which means it's not much use to poke Garen with Nasus's Q or E. No, that's what a bad Nasus does. What a good Nasus would do against Garen is simply farm his Q under or close to the turret and then annihilate Garen late game. Garen is an early game annoyance but mid to late game he get's destroyed by anyone else adopting Garen's 'Tanky DPS' strategy which is exactly the way Nasus should be played.

2. Soraka? Really? What's she going to do? Starcall Nasus to death?

3. Renekton? These two champions are pretty similiar (they are 'brothers' don't forget) - it's mainly going to come down to player skill.

4. Pantheon? Harasses incredibly well, but so long as Nasus has a bit of armor and has their regrowth pendent or philosophers stone and isn't overextending, Pantheon shouldn't be a problem. Mid to Late game Nasus will be tanking Pantheon's burst and then out dps'ing him. It's the same story as with Garen.

5. Brand, Zilean, Vlad, Swain... etc... WHAT'S THIS? BREAKING THE META? HOW DARE YOU.
You seem to be operating off of theory craft. I'm speaking from about 800 games of experience with Nasus.

The problem here is that some people don't know enough about champion matchups and how they should play them. This means if a person doesn't know they have the dominant champ in a matchup, they may just passively farm rather than take advantage of their ability to punish the enemy. This further perpetuates misinformation and misunderstanding about who beats what. This is most likely the problem you are encountering. Just because a Teemo sits and passively farms a lane against Nasus out of ignorance doesn't change the fact that Teemo should absolutely deny and demolish Nasus in the lane if played correctly. This may lead the person that played Nasus to incorrectly think "oh, teemo is NP for Nasus, wtf u talking about". You also have to take into account the elo you are playing at and the skill/competence of your enemies. Playing against a 1st time Garen at 1200 elo is different than playing against someone at 1800 Garen main.

BTW, you not realizing that Soraka is a freaking beast in lane now and can wreck most champs 1v1 is indicative of your lacking knowledge of the game, no offense.

Re: other posters comments about Cass. Again, completely reliant on the skill and competence of the Cass. Cass is one of the most brutal laners in the game when played correctly and can hands down beat Nasus.

Mr AIex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Nasus is scary late because of his farmed q but if you can zone him out of getting farm, by either pushing him to his turret or by using a ranged hero to make sure he's not last hitting, he is far less scary. Nasus is a snowball hero. If you are soloing against him and have trouble zoning him out, call for ganks early and often. That or push the lane and ward like hell so you don't get ganked yourself.

Bálsagna

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Champs that can absolutely demolish Nasus in the lane if played properly:

Akali
Cass
GP
Garen
Kennen
Panth
Ren
Rumble
Ryze
Soraka
Swain
Vlad
Zil
literally every ranged DPS (especially Cait, Corki, Ez, Kog, Teemo, Vayne)

TLDR: All ranged carries, most casters, most energy champs, the hyper-aggressive bruisers (Garen, Ren, etc). The only champs that don't actually beat Nasus in lane are other champs that want to passively farm (Galio, Irelia, etc).
Some of those are the easiest to farm against as Nasus..... coming from a Nasus player. He's one of the best solo top champs in the game. All you need is 1 point in SS and no matter how hard they push, if you level your spirit fire and take some early mana/regen..... You can keep anyone off your turret. If you level it up correctly, you can 1 hit minions.

To stop him from farming his Q is either a heal spell, or blind. But a good nasus will just wait for the right moment. If he grabs sheen, a heal isn't going to stop you. Teemo's blinds are unreliable.

My point isn't about who's better skill set. It's about the opportunity to farm as we all know that Nasus is scary when well farmed late game. Solo top lane with a good Nasus = Easy money. You will get annoyances and issues. But good coordination with your team when you need help or to do well last hitting under turrets is the main thing. A good Nasus can farm well no matter the annoyance. If it requires a nasus to lose a little XP to not giving them much more gold for a safe position, they will do it.

EDIT: Didn't mean to quote you Hyfe, was only for a few champs, not all.

Hyfe

10-19-2011

Again, if those champs are not giving you trouble, its because they are being played poorly, not because they can't **** on Nasus.

Almost nobody has a ****ing clue how to properly lane champs under 1400 elo, so none of this applies there. You can probably lane against anyone and anything if the skill level is low enough.

Empire385

10-20-2011

a good talon will beat nasus

the burst he has at level 6 will absolutely crush nasus's relatively low health.

Emeraldw

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Again, if those champs are not giving you trouble, its because they are being played poorly, not because they can't **** on Nasus.

Almost nobody has a ****ing clue how to properly lane champs under 1400 elo, so none of this applies there. You can probably lane against anyone and anything if the skill level is low enough.
I think you meant properly lane in their match-ups. Plenty of them can lane their champions, but don't know the interactions with the other one.

But when it comes to Nasus, I defer to Hyfe.

But wouldn't also:
Swain and Rumble just ruin Nasus? Swain in general works against melee and Rumble can bully Nasus all day long from lvl 1.

Fluffy1

10-22-2011

basically any heavy harrass who has an escape mechanism like a good blink or movespeed buff to counter wither, he wont get close and if you harrass him hard he cant heal up on lifesteal.

Isphus

10-22-2011

Teemo comes to mind. That poison is great harass against melee champions, and the blind is neat to keep him from hitting the Q.

Vayne can kick his @$$ pretty hard too. The hit-tumble-hit is devastating and she can always push him away from the minions.

Soraka can consistently silence him, but im thinking more about the fact that she can heal the minions (waste of mana) or chase him with starfall if he gets close.

Zilean is the god of harassing. Nuff said.

Fiddle can silence/fear to keep him from using Q, or stay near the minions and drain when he gets close (it would force him to take full damage).