How to *help* prevent unnecessary losses.(elo hell) V2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSpaz

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeAddict View Post
.I don't play ranked but I could imagine Tryndamere is banned in every game.
Just fyi: He isn't. :-)

spongeAddict

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpaz View Post
Just fyi: He isn't. :-)
In 3s.. not 5s.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-02-2011

@ MrSpaz:
That, I completely agree to, but such harsh time penalty doesn't seem feasible. At least something additionally to the time penalty, so it isn't that long.
However, I would rather want to see something done within the champion selection and/or the matchmaking system.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

Quote:
I want to see Draft picks in 3s. My team lost against 1 Tryndamere which we couldn't stop from farming jungle, and two horrible players which we destroyed. We got out leveled by 1 player that pushed and backdoored us. I don't play ranked but I could imagine Tryndamere is banned in every game.
I play 3s ranked and my partners jump with glee when we vs a tryndamere because it is a free win. Nasus gives you an instawin because nasus counters tryn in every way.

Quote:
As far as your ELO argument I would have to disagree in the sense of how you which to prevent stupid losses. Riot just needs to get off their bums and make a better match making.
I don't understand your first statement. But from your second statement I can extrapolate that you think that riot can just find some sort of system where all trolls/afks/baddies/uncooperative players become non-existent at any elo. This is an unrealistic assertion --thinking that applying a new system will cause all teams to initially and permanently promote synergy during the champion select screen is asinine without allowing players to kick or avoid the trolls/afks/baddies/uncooperative players.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-03-2011

@ Ashqelon:
No, but it can limit their trolling. In other words, it assists your choices and rewards your rightdoing, and vice versa.

mdigibou

11-03-2011

*hrm*
personal score as a means of scoring and matchmaking

seems pretty relevant to solo queue <_<

I mean, if they troll, but are good, then at least they are contributing more towards winning. People not being held personally responsible for their horrible are a big reason for why this problem exists.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

@Cpt Munchies & mdigibou
I am sure both your ideas are great; if you make a thread about it, I will mention and link the thread to it. I do know that my idea of terminating the elo loss is an easily implementable and applicable idea. My idea and either of your ideas can be implemented with each other without conflict.
@mdigibou
The personal score idea would take a lot of thought and therefore would need a thread of its own. Enabling queue dodging without elo loss would not deter the implementation of your idea.

@Cpt Munchies
No matter how you work it, when someone initially starts solo queue, they are dropped into a lottery of who you are first matched with. Your suggestion is very vague and it looks like you suggest what mdigibou suggests. It takes a lot of effort and you still will be queued with trolls. trolls still exist in 1700+ elo so moving the system around won't help people from avoiding the trolls.

mdigibou

11-03-2011

removed muh rant -> I posted the personal score idea again in this forum as its own thread ashq if you want to link to it. I still havent found any actual REPLAYS (not videos) of pro-games to work on actual numbers unfortunately. I feel that if someone in RIOT found the idea though, they would be ableto work with it with much more intricate detail than I possibly could.

Verify Name

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
@ Ashqelon:
Removing Elo penalty and increasing the time penalty just doesn't seem like the right solution to me.
Why not? I have already stated why I believe it would be a *help* to the problem. It doesn't need to solve all problems; I never claimed that implementing it will cure everything. As long as my proposal aids something, it should be considered for implementation. If you still wish to deconstruct my idea, please list reasons so I may re-evaluate my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
Problems aren't solved by simplified solutions.
If I made my solution any more complex it wouldn't be any more right or any more wrong based only on the isolated contention of its complexity. This isn't a contention on my idea's solvability.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-03-2011

@ Ashqelon:
I won't deny or hide that I am strongly in favor for mdigibou's proposal, but I wasn't referring to his idea though.
Anyway, I think I've said what I had to say, else I'll just keep repeating myself over and over again.