How to *help* prevent unnecessary losses.(elo hell) V2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-31-2011

@ Ashqelon:
How does it help me avoid stupid players by waiting 25 to 90 minutes per dodge? What it does is just that I suffer even more.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
@ Ashqelon:
How does it help me avoid stupid players by waiting 25 to 90 minutes per dodge? What it does is just that I suffer even more.
The punishment is non sequitur to the solvability. The ability to dodge solves some problems that are manifest during the champion select screen. The increased time penalty will hinder the excessive use of dodging; people will think "is this worth a 25ish ranked wait timer?" They can also go to normal games while they wait out the ranked timer. If you are waiting 25-90 minutes per dodge, would that mean that you have found dodge worthy behavior during the champion select screens for each of the dodge iterations you performed? It is your choice whether or not to dodge. I think playing normals while my ranked timer is ticking is more desirable over a free loss of ELO.

I do not understand your statement "What it does is just that I suffer even more," because you dodged to avoid suffering 20-40 minutes playing with a team who have displayed behavior indicative of a loss. There were many games when I was still in the 1200s that involved 40 lines of text, all predicated on a non-synergistic gamestyle.

mdigibou

11-01-2011

dude you just won at scrabble. But you're right.
Alot of people are having difficulty grasping the actual underlying problem, so their conception of the solution is misguided. I dont think fancy language is going to help those people =(

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdigibou View Post
dude you just won at scrabble. But you're right.
Alot of people are having difficulty grasping the actual underlying problem, so their conception of the solution is misguided. I dont think fancy language is going to help those people =(
Sorry, I was half asleep; I won't let it happen again :P

Verify Name

11-02-2011

bump

RavenProgram

11-02-2011

/sign

i was up to 1300 (i know not that good) but now since a lack of duo que freinds, i am down below 1200, i had 3 games in a row with either a afk pick that didnt dodge or afk during bans so we had no bans, this system would let me not play a game that we lossed in champ select, thank you for the ideas

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-02-2011

@ Ashqelon:
Removing Elo penalty and increasing the time penalty just doesn't seem like the right solution to me. Problems aren't solved by simplified solutions.

OmegaLasris

11-02-2011

/signed

spongeAddict

11-02-2011

I want to see Draft picks in 3s. My team lost against 1 Tryndamere which we couldn't stop from farming jungle, and two horrible players which we destroyed. We got out leveled by 1 player that pushed and backdoored us. I don't play ranked but I could imagine Tryndamere is banned in every game.

As far as your ELO argument I would have to disagree in the sense of how you which to prevent stupid losses. Riot just needs to get off their bums and make a better match making.

MrSpaz

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
@ Ashqelon:
Removing Elo penalty and increasing the time penalty just doesn't seem like the right solution to me. Problems aren't solved by simplified solutions.
It's certainly not a blanket solution, but it'd definitely go a long way toward helping.

There's really no reason you should lose ranking without actually playing the game.