How to *help* prevent unnecessary losses.(elo hell) V2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isaiha

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdigibou View Post
awarding rp would not make anyone play any better. There is already enough incentive to play well.
I don't think so. I can't begin to explain how many people i've come across in ranked that don't have the "incentive" to play well.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiha View Post
I don't think so. I can't begin to explain how many people i've come across in ranked that don't have the "incentive" to play well.
Providing an incentive won't allow players to avoid baddies and trolls who are manifesting in the champion select.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

bump

Verify Name

10-29-2011

bump

mdigibou

10-29-2011

I think people are too complacent with the way things are done and feel they have no say in the future evoluton of the game.

Dirtydogkbc

10-30-2011

Mate, I love you for making this post!
I completely agree, I must have lost 400 rating because of dodging, I thought it was a myth because losing elo for dodging doesn't make sense. Once I realised, im back on track!

/signed

Verify Name

10-30-2011

bump

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-30-2011

I don't believe time penalty will make people stop arguing about roles or even choose wisely. People will still go: "I'm going mid, if you do too, it's your problem", without realizing it's everyone's problem. For time penalty as the only solution suggested, I have to say nay.

Like mdigibou stated, the solution lies in the Elo system. From what I've experienced throughout playing this game, is that I'm matched with equal to better players for 3-4 matches and wins, then I'm matched with really bad to bad players for 3-4 matches and loses, and that's how it has continued over and over again. No matter how well I play, this is what happens every time.
Sometimes, I can have map awareness for 2-3 players, tell them where to go, what to do, who to focus and so forth, which is really exhausting (especially without voicecomm) -- unfortunately, most of times, it doesn't do any good, because a lot of players won't listen anyway.
I'm always stuck at 30-40 wins over loses, and I know I can do better, but every time I've had a winning streak, I'm guaranteed to get a losing streak, no matter what. That's how the Elo system works, at least for supports.

MrSpaz

10-31-2011

I agree with the original assertion of removing the ELO hit for queue dodging a ranked game, trading it increased time instead. I really don't see why leaving the pre-game lobby should knock you down a peg; you can't truly game that system with just dodges.

I strongly disagree, however, with ... pretty much every other suggestion made. No free-week heroes in ranked, for example, smacks of the "omg freeweekers suck" stigma, which is silly and largely inaccurate.

But /signed for taking away the elo loss component of dodging ranked games. I'd certainly play ranked more.

Verify Name

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
I don't believe time penalty will make people stop arguing about roles or even choose wisely. People will still go: "I'm going mid, if you do too, it's your problem", without realizing it's everyone's problem. For time penalty as the only solution suggested, I have to say nay.
Please re-read my post lol. The intent of re-enabling queue dodging is to AVOID stupid people, not stop stupid people. You can't change the matchmaking system to take out stupid people; you can only avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
People will still go: "I'm going mid, if you do too, it's your problem", without realizing it's everyone's problem. For time penalty as the only solution suggested, I have to say nay.
This illustrates my contention. People in champion select say things like that AFTER a mid has already been called, chosen, and locked in. The teammates should be allowed to avoid this bad player before the game starts. Time penalty isn't the only solution I have suggested.