How to *help* prevent unnecessary losses.(elo hell) V2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isaiha

10-19-2011

alot of interesting points you made ash, and I wrote a post about this very thing once. I personally do not appreciate however waiting times. I may be competitive, but I am also on short time. I don't have all the time in the world to wait for my 1 or 2 ranked games if I get leavers/dodgers.

How do you go about answering that? It's really a simple question and not meant to be taken harshly. I want to agree with you in every way except the wait penalty.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiha View Post
alot of interesting points you made ash, and I wrote a post about this very thing once. I personally do not appreciate however waiting times. I may be competitive, but I am also on short time. I don't have all the time in the world to wait for my 1 or 2 ranked games if I get leavers/dodgers.

How do you go about answering that? It's really a simple question and not meant to be taken harshly. I want to agree with you in every way except the wait penalty.
How much time are you working with? I would personally prefer to play a normal blind or draft instead after I queue dodged a horrible setup. It is hard for me to picture so many dodges when the ranked queue dodge wait time is around 20 minutes. The ranked queue dodge still won't be taken lightly by people. IP losses were suggested instead of ELO losses to hinder queue dodging. ELO loss should be for a loss of a game rather than avoiding a stupid ranked game. Add me in game if you want me to explain more thoroughly. Thanks for posting!

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

bump

Rocky

10-20-2011

/wrists

/sign

StrygwyrBS

10-21-2011

I think what you have to say makes a lot of sense. to be honest i dont really play ranked b/c i find it to be a joke. most all games you play are ruined by the before mentioned scenarios. I dont feel that my elo score has anything to do w/ my skill level. i wouldn't call myself a top tier player, but i do pretty **** good. been playing this almost since LoL started. Something really needs to be done about the scoring system.

Myrkorr

Recruiter

10-21-2011

here is a simple suggestion. Why does the top elo pick first? I am ok with captain choosing bans but a good player should be able to play a variety a champs. I would rather have the lowest elo player pick his best champ and the highest elo pick his best champ for the team comp. So many times I pick my champ and 4-5 picks something really really wrong.

Verify Name

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkorr View Post
here is a simple suggestion. Why does the top elo pick first? I am ok with captain choosing bans but a good player should be able to play a variety a champs. I would rather have the lowest elo player pick his best champ and the highest elo pick his best champ for the team comp. So many times I pick my champ and 4-5 picks something really really wrong.
I don't understand how this would help. The order of picking doesn't prevent people from picking stupidly. I am proposing a way to avoid the stupid people.

Masterx13579

10-22-2011

the "fine tuning" i think should be different for each champions. i mean nidalee and soraka definitely have different healing and harassing capabilities
i realize this would take a lot of time but, with how fast the champions come out, i don't see why not wait some time out

Isaiha

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashqelon View Post
How much time are you working with? I would personally prefer to play a normal blind or draft instead after I queue dodged a horrible setup. It is hard for me to picture so many dodges when the ranked queue dodge wait time is around 20 minutes. The ranked queue dodge still won't be taken lightly by people. IP losses were suggested instead of ELO losses to hinder queue dodging. ELO loss should be for a loss of a game rather than avoiding a stupid ranked game. Add me in game if you want me to explain more thoroughly. Thanks for posting!
Basically what i'm getting at is some people who like playing on the competitive level and they usually play ranked games, but don't have alot of time to work with, you would still propose having wait times to be longer? To me, I feel yes we need something that will help players avoid unnecessary picks, bans, etc.

There is a player that suggested a cool looking system to preferred picks, bans, and roles. here is his thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...25#post9855725

I feel the loss of IP is arguable also. IP is given to both wins and losses in normal, bigger IP for wins and score, and lower IP for losses, generally speaking. If IP itself is penalized for losing ranked games, I can see people arguing against it, complaining about how they are saving IP for that specific champion or what not.

Now Here is a suggestion: Award RP. And i'm not saying award 100 RP for every game won nooooo.

I'm talking like Award a minute Point to a player for winning. Say if a player wins ranked they get 2-3 riot points. Something small. this is a reward to players overtime who practice at being good and skilled and in return they can get that nice skin they wanted to get without spending any cash money.

of course they can still spend money, but it's a way to build up points over a period of time to get 1 skin

I think RIOT would be okay with that...it's not gonna hurt them making money i'm sure

mdigibou

10-23-2011

i dont agree with loss of ip, but i think its an interesting take on it. If they implemented it, it would certainly not cut down on trolling, but bad players would be in a perpetual state of not being able to afford champions =P

awarding rp would not make anyone play any better. There is already enough incentive to play well.