Good way to practice new champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arlowne

10-16-2011

So the story goes like this:

I've played a quite a few characters as I leveled to 30 - Poppy, Caitlin, Sona...etc, but throughout it all I've mainly played as Sona.

So now I'm trying to branch out and try out other champions. However, I'm so inexperienced with other roles that I absolutely get dominated in matches. Just recently, I tried out Ryze in a normal matched game, and I absolutely got dominated. I wasn't trying to feed, but I was accused of it nonetheless.

I try to practice in AI games, but the difficulty is not even comparable. I guess I could practice last hitting in a custom game, but is there any way of doing it that would not make it the ire of the rest of my team?

Ohsofly707

10-16-2011

Keep playing normal with em, eventually you'll get to a point where you could play a champ first time and still do decent with him just because you have a strong core understanding of the game mechanics.

LeafyFall

10-16-2011

A lot of the finer points come from experience. Just do it until you do it well. I do some bot games with new champs (or ones I haven't played in weeks) just to get a feel for the mechanics. I couldn't farm well on AD carries until I focused on doing that for two weeks (not intense playing), and I still don't really understand where I should be standing most of the time in team fights. Play with some friends in a premade and you may find your experience a little easier.

WHOTHEFKISDORAN

10-16-2011

The best advice i can give you is to have a plan. Know what you are going to build and why before going into the game. Items - mastery and etc and dont play too agressive since you dont master the champion. Focus on learning the spells. The rest comes in with pratice in my opinion.

I usually watch some video on youtube to learn a champ before playing too

Cyric151

10-17-2011

Practice w/AI to understand how his abilites work. Otherwise play a few bllind picks.