Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Rally Taric OP?

Yes 65 32.83%
No 27 13.64%
Not OP but good 57 28.79%
You're stupid (sadfaise) 49 24.75%
Voters 198 .

The Case for Rally Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chauy

10-16-2011

Rally Taric with Improved Rally, Improved Exhaust, Aegis of the Legion, and Will of the Ancients.

Assuming level 18 and Rally + Ult are activated during a team fight:
+78 AD, +135 AP for your team
+113 AD, +170 AP for yourself

With Baron:
+108 AD, +175 AP for your team
+153 AD, +210 AP for yourself

There is one thing I am unclear of which will change my opinion of Rally Taric, and that is if Rally's buffs are random or scale with level. If they scale with level then I will maintain my opinion of Rally Taric.

There is another thing which makes me feel Rally Taric is not as strong as he could be, which is Rally's long cooldown. I feel if it was reduced to 180 seconds then it would be perfect.

Still, those buffs will definitely turn the tide in a critical team fight, and in a non-critical team fight at least it is lulsy.

RALLY TARIC YEAAAAH

-edit-

Quote:
Foulco:
135 AP + 30% if you have Rabadon is:
175.5 AP For the AP CArry. That HUGE

Quote:
ShiznazTM:
Rally Taric is Truly Outrageous. (Yes Exhaust/Rally)

2-2-17 Laned with a Teemo vs. Soraka Vayne
Teams were:
Teemo Taric Tryndamere Morgana Wukong
V
Vayne Soraka Jarvan IV Nocturne Cassiopeia

The Jungle Trynd w/ me took Clairvoyance because Trynd don't need flash.
Match History ftw.

Quote:
LostRaider:
Ok I did it, and posting because OP is so enthusiastic about this. Was fun utilizing rally.

They kinda surrendered at 21 minutes, but we absolutely owned. We at least pushed like a boss early game with that and my ulti.

Want to see how it works late game too.

My only thought is about CV, and if someone else is willing to take it, then awesome, otherwise do you think it is worth taking CV without the mastery also? Improved exhaust on top of all the buffs does seem bad ass though as well, so I'm thinking that maybe the mage would be willing to take cv instead of, say ignite?

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/Prof_Vasuda/?action=view&current=RallyTaric.png

Edit: Second Game! I got to late game, with Baron buff, WoTA, Aegis, and improved Rally on! Nicely placed rally under the turret also as we engaged them at their inhibitor tower. Kinda got focused hard that battle though.

Also used CV without mastery, since no one else was using it, and to ease some of the team's worries and uncertainty.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/Prof_Vasuda/?action=view&current=RallyTaric2.png

Ahriman1

10-16-2011

Problem being that clairvoyance is too overpowered to not have one on your team. As well, flash is too overpowered to not have it on a support. As well, you just put 17 points in offense as taric. Better be rocking AD taric, or you just wasted a whole crapton of masteries for a buff that has a 7% uptime.

All of that said, if you ever got to that point in a game, that final team fight would be stupendous.

Chauy

10-16-2011

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Problem being that clairvoyance is too overpowered to not have one on your team. As well, flash is too overpowered to not have it on a support. As well, you just put 17 points in offense as taric. Better be rocking AD taric, or you just wasted a whole crapton of masteries for a buff that has a 7% uptime.

All of that said, if you ever got to that point in a game, that final team fight would be stupendous.

I'm willing to waste those masteries man
All for the sake of Rally Taric

sikinar

10-16-2011

i didnt realize the stat boosts were that significant. Gonna play me some rally taric tomorrow.

Chauy

10-16-2011

^
FELLOW BROTHER(or)SISTER!
MAY YOUR RALLY TARIC CRUSH ALL WHO STAND BEFORE YOU!

Chauy

10-19-2011

Double post bump because people need to be aware of the OP that is Rally Taric

Sarvanaasha

10-19-2011

Try Normal Taric....

Then stick a Rally Kat in his lane.

Chauy

10-20-2011

Quote:
Sarvanaasha:
Try Normal Taric....

Then stick a Rally Kat in his lane.

What's a normal Taric
I do not understand for I have only ever Rally Taric'd

ProBeans

10-21-2011

hm
this seems viable

Chauy

10-21-2011

Quote:
ProBeans:
hm
this seems viable

More like the greatest thing you've ever seen