Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I counter Twitch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinistrow

10-17-2011

Say "mia" when he leave your lane, so he not get fed.

ComradeHX

10-17-2011

Get melee dps with gap-closer(irelia, xin zhao...etc.); build tanky dps.

Dead twitch every time.

DÓA

10-17-2011

Even an extremely fed twitch explodes stupidly fast.

couple pink wards early for some cheap kill gold... nuke him as soon as he pops later on assuming your dont have an oracle up (hint: someone should)

bylobog44

10-17-2011

Until this week, I've rarely encountered a Twitch. Just yesterday though I played against a rarity - a really good twitch (I was Alistar). I got oracles, I got focused. Got pink wards, Twitch got Oracle's and went ward hunting. I got Thornmail, got Expunged.

Finally I got QSS - should have got it earlier.

Exoneration

06-16-2012

Quote:
BIizk:
i just fire a lazer at him
thats it
lazer powa
luxftw

yeah i just played a game as lux destroying twitch and firing randomly killing him

St Viers

06-16-2012

Anyone who says thornmail is probably not thinking (as there's pretty good reason people don't routinely buy thornmail against every ad carry. The best way to deal with twitch is to focus him as soon as he pops up (or earlier if you have wards/oracles). Most of his utility that isn't overlapped by other AD carries is his ability to position in really high risk high reward places (the reward being able to spray and pray your entire team for a pentakill ace). If you can kill him when he's in that high risk place (it's really easy, as he's very fragile) you shut him down. If you feed him and keep getting picked 1v1, you'll lose and everyone on your team will rage super hard.

In terms of preventing his damage, Frozen Heart is a good buy, as it gives the same armor as thornmail, and a *much* more useful debuff to twitch--the attackspeed slow.

Hirumonogatari

06-16-2012

Quote:
Muztardus:
As someone who has played the universally reviled rat often with varying success I know what I hate.

1. Early pressure - Harrass him - you don't need to kill him, just push him back a bit and force him to blue pill. He's squishy and either he is tight and will B or he's loose and you'll likely pick up a cheap kill if he doesn't know what's good for him. Don't over extend. I've baited a lot of overconfident enemies into running past my lane mate chasing a kill only to get slowed and buttsecksed by my buddy or sometimes even ticked off by my passive DoT. If you push him out of lane he can't farm and if he can't farm, you set him back badly. A fed Twitch is a nightmare to play against but an underfed Twitch can be a major liability to his team.

2. Pink wards and oracle's - Two in the pink = a rat in the stink. Best used in combination with point 1. Use this to continue to harrass. Even if he's getting blown up when visable, the Rat can sit off the minion waves and passively draw in XP from his lanemate and minions killing minions. This can further cripple him. It's not the be all and end all, however as he can still pick up a nasty AS buff when he stealths and reappears meaning it's not enough to just wait for him to do a dumb thing... If he knows the ward is there he won't.

3. Don't loiter after an engagement. Once he has his running shoes on, don't loiter. He can move around quickly without being seen and can track you down after you've broken off from a skirmish. A player that hangs around at low health to farm before B-ing is an open invitation to take a free 300 coins. If he's not dead or visable on the mini map, he's behind you. Treat him like Karthus off cooldown. Get to your nearest tower and Blue pill. If you're at low health and he has any of his toys he'll cut you down before you know he's there and will be running back to base /all-ing "Trolololol" to get his next purchase from the gift shop and that usually means more butthurt for your teammates.

4. Gap closers and stuns - Remember when I said he's squishy in lane? That goes for much of the rest of the game too. Some people try to cover that squishiness with hp and what not but others will embrace the fact and build a fairly nasty glass cannon. A good counter-pick will have a gap closer and/or a stun. One of my other favourites aside Twitch is Xin and he is very good anti-Twitch, especially if built tanky: W-E-R-Q = dead rat. An heavily AD built Pantheon W-E-Q should also dispatch our furry friend.

5. Prioritise him - End game, I can be ticking off up to 1800 dps 10 second sustained damage (2.5 as, 90% crit, 300ish ad) and there's only so long that anyone can stand in that before they're brought to heel. If you can muster a similar amount of damage in a quick burst... Problem solved. Just don't blow all your team cc abilities on him... Then you've got nothing left to deal with the 4 other champs that are bashing you.

6. Thornmail - If he wants to bring the pain with massive amounts of autoattack AD, give him 30% of it back to suck on. Nuff said.

Hope this is helpful.

this is completely off-topic but i have no idea how to send private messages (yet)

i would like to know more about how to play twitch. i usually play all kinds of AD carries (cait when she was out, ashe because she's cheap, MF this week) and twitch sounds interesting. almost all the AD carries are quite squishy so i don't think i have a problem there adjusting.

if someone could give a guide on using twitch well that would be awesome lol.

Delanish

06-16-2012

Buy an oracle or better yet have the tank or support near you buy one so and stick to them like glue, because if they want to get to you they'll have to kill a tank, most twitch players i know lose it when they can't get to my ad carry vayne when Alister right next to her with an oracle

creamyworms

06-16-2012

As long as you are not softer than Twitch, (and currently arn't at low or critical hp) your best bet is to IMMEDIATELY jump onto him; depending on your champ - I can name a few that can easily combo him to death in one round of skills:

LeBlanc,
Pantheon,
Fiddles,
Ahri,
Akali,
Anivia,
Annie,
Brand,
Cass,
Cho'Gath,
Darius,
Corki,
Ezrea,
Fizz,
Rumble,
Garen,
Katarina,
Kassadin,
Lee Sin,
Swain.

Just to name a few. Unless you have been starved for gold the entire game, or the Twitch in question bought a BV or something else to stop your combo; you will almost automatically win that fight.

FatTurtle

06-17-2012

Play twitch top and do it very aggressively. Hes very strong in a 1v1 situation, he doesnt do well bot due to its dynamicism. Hes too slow and nuanced for the botlane IMO, but he does great top.