Maokai vs Galio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

galio has more damage output overall and some nice utlity plus his ult is second to only amumu's and even better in some cases in terms of team fight ults for tanks.
Maokai however's better for single target chases since he can keep rooting enemies and the damage reduction ult is better if the team fight ends up being a long poking round plus he can help peel off enemies while galio can't really do much if enemies jump onto ur squishies.

Goul66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

I have both but I prefer maokai. He is more tanky and consistent, while galio is more bursty. I also prefer maokai more in solo quene due to slow reacting teams if you are initiating. After galio uses his ult he spams his skills and is kinda stuck there until his long cds go off. Maokai can initiate and ult, reducing damage to him. Do not forgot about his passive, which is godly in teamfights and can help sustain him for quite an amount of time. Galio has a shield but usually has to use it on his squishies, while maokai can cover his whole team. Galio does take a bit more skills as his skill shots are really slow and his ult can be a bit glitchy. If you like ap tanks and you find that your team needs mordamage, pick galio, otherwise maokai. While maokai doesn't do as much damage, he can bring more to the team such as great ganks and and also the fact that you can't really run from him even if you flash (root)

as Desolator

09-15-2012

maoki has the worst ultimate im sorry people get out of it too soon

k518

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by as Desolator View Post
maoki has the worst ultimate im sorry people get out of it too soon
You idiot, Maokai has one of the best ults in the game