need twisted fate mid/laning tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

julianjuvenile

10-16-2011

i used to play tf alot, but have since lost my mojo with him and i'm looking to get better with him again.

when i would play tf ap, i would always take mid because of his long poke and his ability to farm.

when i play ad dps, or dps AS on-hit fate, i like to lane because he just doesn't have the range ap does to be a viable opinion imo.

but i've heard he can be a viable mid even if he does go dps.

when i lane with him, because he is SOO **** squishy, its still hard to last hit because his base movement speed is slow so i get easily harrassed/focused, even with a good lane partner. taking boots of speed as my first item does help this a little, but he still has low health.

any tips on how he can mid while not going ap? and tips for laning with him in general?
i'm looking to hear from more experienced tf players because i already know the basics (last hit with blue/stacked deck when possible, etc)

theplqa

10-16-2011

Don't go mid if you aren't playing AP.You will be outlaned in every imaginable way.It is possible to make it work but it requires a lot of Gold cards,but with TF's low range that isn't easy to do against many champs that go mid.

julianjuvenile

10-16-2011

thought so :b i only heard around the internet that he can mid while dps.

julianjuvenile

10-16-2011

bumpity bump

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Twisted Fate is probably one of the most position dependent champions in the game; always keep this in the forefront of your mind...TF should never bee in auto-attack rage of much of anything including minions) unless he's moving in to harass, zone out, or last hit--he's just too squishy, otherwise.

My recommendations for On-hit/DPS Twisted Fate? Don't play him DPS/on-hit. I know that's not what you want to hear, but wild cards is just too core to his kit for it to not be ignored.

In teamfights, hang around the edges and spam wild cards--the damage is on part with most AP caster's nuke, only it can pass through multiple target and it has 3 projectiles---your wild cards spam hurts if the team continues to stay in an engagement. When your PaC is off cooldown, pick a gold card, wait, and stun someone at the right moment, then retreat and go back to spamming.

Out of curiosity, what items, runes, masteries, and such do you go with, for AP TF?

julianjuvenile

10-23-2011

when i went ap tf, i did just that. i played a game as ad recently with him, which i NEVER do, and i carried HARD. they surrendered a few minutes after i finisher bloodrazor :/

for ap tf, i went 9-0-21 masteries, mag pen marks, mana per 5/lv seals, and scaling ap/lv glyphs with flat ap quints. same as i use for all my casters (kassadin, lux, lb).

items i would get with him are:
sheen, grab needlessly largerod, finish Lichbane, finish deathcap, void staff for extrapower, if they start to get smart, grab a survivablility item like BV or if the problem is ad, Zhonya's hourglass. i never had a full build because i was so good with him, they'd surrener. i'd probably throw Nashor's or Morello's Evil Tome for CDR.

Astronaz1

07-05-2012

Pff on hit DPS TF is what I always use. This ultimetly makes him a hybrid carry, cause I use items like BC, malady, the rageblade, and ionic spark. If you are getting harrassed by a heavy ap carry, grab a wits end for some extra damage and an insane amount of mag res. After all bonus damage is calculated, and black cleaver is stacked, your crapping on them with ~200 in physical dmg and ~150 mag damage, and remember your attack speed is well over 2.0 per sec. I find that stacked deck becomes an extremely powerful tool, most opponents will wonder were all their life went so quickly, because every 2 seconds you'll be doing an extra 200 mag damage.

my for tf include attack speed and lifesteal quints(for sustainability early game, especially if your mid), flat attack spd glyphs, armor seals, and flat damage marks.

my masteries go 21-6-3

Astronaz1

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post
Don't go mid if you aren't playing AP.You will be outlaned in every imaginable way.It is possible to make it work but it requires a lot of Gold cards,but with TF's low range that isn't easy to do against many champs that go mid.
I am a hybrid carry (mostly ad) TF and I dominate mid.
Just saying

julianjuvenile

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaz1 View Post
I am a hybrid carry (mostly ad) TF and I dominate mid.
Just saying
why would you necro this thread?? lol.

i solved my problem along time ago.

and i got my first penta with hybrid tf. i was mid, too. It is very strong.