So, how bout that Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clickbang

10-17-2011

Steps for dealing with sion

Notice, at the beginning of the game how many hard cc's they have. If sion is the only one you should be able to kite him through his ulti or make it completely worthless by counter picking/building if they have many a hard cc, merc treads makes more sense then not and this is going to limit his stun time and allow you to kite more,

So, we got our boots! But DAT sion is still going buckwild and that ulti is just too much

Do you have a built in escape? Kiteeeeeeeeeeee him as much as possible for the duration and for the love of god don't square off with him. Run, run through bushes....run to team mates, run in circles around a turret just don't let him fill his health from almost dead to full

"I don't has escape what do plox"
Hi Thar summoner spells, the options to troll sion here are endless
Ignite says hi
exhaust says hi
Ghost says hi
cleansing his stun says hi
flash also says hi

"I ONLY USE REVIVE and PROMOTE your guide sucks!"

Mitigation via thornmail just might be crazy enough to work
Cleanse on the ever affordable, always forgotten QSS might just give you a viable way of getting out of. That stun

Finally, might sound a bit crazy but executioners calling says hi

Mixing and matching any of the above methods are bound to leave an ad sion weeping at his lack of ability to sustain with his ultz as his shield is a joke as ad sion

InB4
"You are bad noob! I can no counter him with my cookie cutter build, Nerf him now because he's broken"

Well....
I tried

Hugs From Momma

10-17-2011

Pick Malphite. Win game.

Alternative:

Pick Nasus. Win game.

SirCumference

10-17-2011

If you have a teamate that can help CC with you then you can build more offensively. If you don't then you can build more defensive with atma's, phantom dancer, dominion version of banshees. You'll still do plenty of dmg and be able to take hits.

I keep seeing every SION strictly going offense which works if you have teamates to help compensate for no gap closer, but I never see them be smart and build more bruiser type when they are being countered so they can still be useful.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

If your team doesn't have a few forms of hard cc you are probably going to lose no matter what they pick because cc is so valuable.

And hard cc shuts down AD Sion much harder than it does even to someone like Jax. If he can't lifesteal, he will die very quickly, making him extremely suspect to people like Xerath, Brand, or really anyone that has a stun and significant burst.

ScyrinPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

I love playin' me some AD Sion. People say kite, but good Sion's will just think you're too much trouble, then outrun and flank you before you have a chance to prepare XD

Gotta say though, if you ever see a Sion laning with either a Alistar or an Orianna, fear for the worst as double stun or super support and speed is going to destroy you.

Anniie

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
1. Executioners calling.

2. Exhaust.

3. Ignite.

Two of these three things are available from before you even start the game!

+3 easily obtainable counters

-1 AD sion to worry about

seriously, stop crying, you suck.

If you want to say that I'm making up ****, then why have I NEVER had a problem with an AD sion? Exactly. Get better.
So he's hitting you twice a second for 600 and ONLY healing himself for 300? Sounds easy bro I'm sure it was worth buying EC for. Now I just need to do more than 600 damage per second without getting shredded, and after surviving the initial 2 second stun of course.

ActionButlerGO

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
So he's hitting you twice a second for 600 and ONLY healing himself for 300? Sounds easy bro I'm sure it was worth buying EC for. Now I just need to do more than 600 damage per second without getting shredded, and after surviving the initial 2 second stun of course.
Then don't engage him by yourself. Seriously, I do not understand why people are having such a difficult time with this.

Yes, he's a tough customer to deal with. But his lifesteal only exists with his Ult (unless he bought lifesteal items). Every other time you engage him, all he's doing is hitting you to do damage.

Stun, kite, slow, exhaust. These are the tools you need.

SirCumference

10-17-2011

Anyway Sion is a pretty solid pick for dominion. His ult has a hefty attk speed increase and even if you halve the healing portion it's still 50% lifesteal which is significant. Not to mention his ult lasts for a very long time. Long enough for just about all point encounters and to outlast kiting which is all you need. I thought he would be really bad compared to some others but I actually think he plays better in Dominion than in SR. Just don't forget to get tenacity.

PerfidiousAlbion

10-17-2011

He's a pain on dominion only because he has little concentrated CC to worry about and so can heal through a boat load of damage. AD Sion is a joke on SR because he gets stunned and killed before his biggest advantage, his massive lifesteal, really gets to kick in.

Prometheius

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCumference View Post
Anyway Sion is a pretty solid pick for dominion. His ult has a hefty attk speed increase and even if you halve the healing portion it's still 50% lifesteal which is significant. Not to mention his ult lasts for a very long time. Long enough for just about all point encounters and to outlast kiting which is all you need. I thought he would be really bad compared to some others but I actually think he plays better in Dominion than in SR. Just don't forget to get tenacity.
Wrong on SO many counts.

Ulti Atk Spd increase? It raises him to barely 1.1, if you don't have any other atk spd items. Any other AD will already have 1.0 from natural growth.

It's already hit by the 20% redux in Dom, so it's cap is 80%. 1/2 = 40%. And that's only IF he can attack. No attack? Dead sion.

AD Sion will NOT survive kiting. Ever. He does NOT have the HP to plow through it like he does in SR. He can and WILL be nuked into the ground before he even gets in range for 1 auto.