So, how bout that Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShenWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

I mean really? More broken than AP Shaco or Akali or Jax or Yorick.

Even on SR when you go AD/Crit he's still unstoppable.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

Between kiting and cc, he can be dealt with (says the guys who uses Sion for when he absolutely needs a win). Anyone with a long range stun/slow can wreck him IF they don't have a teammate who thinks they can rambo in while he's stunned. He's strong, there's no doubt about that. His downfall, however, is that if he builds for AD/AS/Crit, his lifesteal is his ONLY defense because the PD's, IE's, etc are the only things that he can afford to buy and his shield crumbles in a hurry.

The xp nerf may blunt his effectiveness, but I won't weigh in on that until it happens.

Godly Tibs

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Between kiting and cc, he can be dealt with (says the guys who uses Sion for when he absolutely needs a win). He's strong, there's no doubt about that. His downfall, however, is that if he builds for AD/AS/Crit, his lifesteal is his ONLY defense.

The xp nerf may blunt his effectiveness, but I won't weigh in on that until it happens.
completely agree, any kind of CC will shut him down. if he cant attack hes dead.

ActionButlerGO

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly Tibs View Post
if he cant attack hes dead.
I really, REALLY want to make some smart*** comment about him already being dead in the first place.

jars

10-16-2011

he has trouble with some team comps(singed with a rylais? afk) and takes time to farm up at bot

WhiteAndMilky

10-16-2011

AD Sion is an easy counter. Ignite, stun, slow snare, frozen heart, thornmail. Any single one of these is enough to stop him. Also don't fight him on minions when his ulti is popped. Instead of crying about sion pick a champion that has more utility.

ActionButlerGO

10-16-2011

Just had another thought.

Yesterday, I played my first Dom game as Sion AGAINST a Sion. It was a really fun test, too, since he built AP and I built AD. In the end, his team won. It was a very close game and I didn't mind the loss because it was, in all terms, a good game. No afk's. No disconnects. Everyone trying their best.

Anyway, It was a pretty good game for me. By the end, I had boots, to PD's, a Cleaver, and an IE. I snagged 11 kills and 10 assists. Not sure how many caps since I mostly played defense. I also ended with 11 deaths, though. By the second half of the game, every stun and slow the enemy had available to them had my name on it. Every 1v2 I went into had some kind of CC so, despite coming out alive, I was well more injured than I would have been under normal circumstances.

The moral of the story, a good team will start to counter Sion once he becomes a threat. I'm not even good at this game and they started treating me like the number one threat on the field. I lost track of how many times I popped my Ult, dropped a stun gaze, and stopped dead in my tracks because of some terribly inconvenient slow/stun that caught me out of nowhere.

TakinTheHeat

10-16-2011

1. Executioners calling.

2. Exhaust.

3. Ignite.

Two of these three things are available from before you even start the game!

+3 easily obtainable counters

-1 AD sion to worry about

seriously, stop crying, you suck.

If you want to say that I'm making up ****, then why have I NEVER had a problem with an AD sion? Exactly. Get better.

Stimuz

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
1. Executioners calling.

2. Exhaust.

3. Ignite.

Two of these three things are available from before you even start the game!

+3 easily obtainable counters

-1 AD sion to worry about

seriously, stop crying, you suck.

If you want to say that I'm making up ****, then why have I NEVER had a problem with an AD sion? Exactly. Get better.
That'd be cool if his ult wasn't the only thing that makes him insane.

Kietsu

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
That'd be cool if his ult wasn't the only thing that makes him insane.
Read that again but slowly this time. :3