Skin Appropriate Portraits

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MASSTADEN

10-17-2011

I wouldn't mind it being local. it adds value to the skin. I hate staring at some of the classic artwork in the bottom left, lol

Jakeick

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The big impediment is that we have about 200-300 skins that would have to be cut out. After that, QA has to go through and verify that each one works. It's not hard, but it is tedious and time consuming. I may ask art team about it, but I don't know if they have the resources for it right now.

I would like to stress that if we did this, the skin changes would only appear locally: You would see your skin, but everyone else would see the base one.
Then just change the announcer images (an enemy has been slain) or the stats images at the end.

Mini map icons are too small to distinguish similar skins.

Also, pretty sure LoL fans and sites will be generous to help you guys cut out the 200-300 skins

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The big impediment is that we have about 200-300 skins that would have to be cut out. After that, QA has to go through and verify that each one works. It's not hard, but it is tedious and time consuming. I may ask art team about it, but I don't know if they have the resources for it right now.

I would like to stress that if we did this, the skin changes would only appear locally: You would see your skin, but everyone else would see the base one.
Wonderful! The reason I've always opposed this idea is that it adds a lot of annoyance to people to try and figure out who's who from little pictures that pop up for 3 seconds or so to announce kills. If it were a local only thing, I'd be happy to see it happen.

Izzabelle

10-18-2011

I'd still be ok with it being local.

Moimeichego

10-22-2011

Well, i don't really care much about that, but i know i would love to see another Icon pic when i have a skin...
http://i.imgur.com/dXpli.jpg
Isn't that awesome ? :P

I hope you guys can do that sometime...

DwarvenLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

So friggin awesome /\ I'd really like if that was implemented

basod

10-31-2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this line of thought, and glad to see a Red reply here as I would have got no answers in the EU forums.

I think it would be worthwhile as it rewards the player who bought a skin and give a more personal experience in the game. Skins are what keep Riot afloat, and steps should be taken to at least personalise the gaming experience for each individual.

Izzabelle

11-01-2011

portrait changes (even if only locally) need to happen

Tom4Tom

11-02-2011

bump